1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two new crabbies!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by YouveGotCrabs, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouveGotCrabs

YouveGotCrabs (Micro Crab)

A couple weeks ago I posted an ad on Craigslist offering to take in any unwanted hermies...I figured with people going to the beach over the summer, probably many of them are losing interest in the "souvenirs" they brought home, and I figured I could expand my hermie horizons on the cheap this way. ;-) Anyway, not much came of the ad but a fair bit of scams and spams, till last week when a lady contacted me about taking in a hermie that she just didn't feel like she had time for anymore. She told me he was "huge" but didn't include any pics or give me much more information about him, other than he was a land hermit crab and she thought I could give him a better home than she could. I figured "huge" could mean anything.

Anyway, today I met her outside Petsmart to pick up her crab, and boy is he a biggun and he comes with a back story too! Her son got him 10 YEARS ago as a teeny weeny thing, and he's grown up all the way to a jumbo! He's always been kept by himself, but has always gotten a lot of interaction from his people, along with a ton of handfeeding of all manner of people foods, so he is very healthy and very friendly. He came with a whole bunch of shells and the lady I got him from seemed very knowledgeable. She was giving him away because she's been having to work longer hours lately and she just didn't feel like he was getting the attention he needs anymore. She said she cried at the idea of giving him away (awwww) and asked me to send her updates and pictures every so often. :)

Also I stopped in a Petsmart today and saw a crab in an awful blue painted shell that's totally wrong for him, and had really cool eyes...so said crab became mine as well. :-D

2 crabs today! Woo!

Nikki

2. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

congrats...be sure and post pics of your newbies!! I have an ad on craigslist to take in the unwanted crabbies also. i'm hoping someone will contact me or i find an unwanted crabbie. i really want to adopt and hope it happens soon

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Great!!! Congrats! :D It must have been so hard for her to give him away, but now he is in another awesome, probably awesomer home with you!!! :D And great job on rescuing that other hermie from the evil hands of the pet store (scary music plays in background).

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I'm not allowed to post wanted ads on craigslist (husband's rule...I agree with it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, haha!) but if someone puts up an ad trying to get rid of one in our area, I'm allowed to respond. I keep waiting...but nothing's come up yet. :( Congrats on your new guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.