1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turkey for crabs

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by SuperMom, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

EWWWW, My mom sent turkey for my husband and crabs. Can they have this (she doesn't use salt)? I know I have been told to give them grilled chicken once in awhile. I guees it's a good thing for my hermies that my husband likes and cooks meat.

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Unless it is an organic turkey, it has probably been injected with hormones, preservatives and flavor enhancing chemicals. Most meats that we buy in the store are treated with these things. I think a very small amount for a very occasional treat would be okay. I wouldn't suggest feeding it to them on a regular basis unless it is organic. I'm sure a small piece of turkey now and again will not cause immediate problems or death. Like everything in life-moderation is best.

3. SuperMom

Well as you can tell feeding any meat often is not going to happen. I don't touch any kind of meat heck, I don't even like to look at it. The closest I come is the yucky brine shrimp and even then my husband puts it in the dish. [​IMG]

4. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I'm not a huge meat eater myself...I could do without it and not complain. I NEVER touched it growing up-I was a very picky eater. As an adult, I eat very little if any. Especially red meat. The only time I liked beef was when I was pregnant! OOPS [​IMG] got a little off topic [​IMG]

5. SuperMom

hehe, I think I did too. But I must say I have never ever tried any kind of meat, not red, white, or even seafood of any kind. (oh yeah and I don't eat eggs either)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.