1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuna?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by marleyfish, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

I'm running low on cash lately and also running low on my crabs dried shrimp so i thought that next time i go grocery shopping that i would pick up a can or two of tuna. So is it better to get the tuna in water or the tuna in oil?

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I bought tuna in water before, and did a little rinse in their water before I gave it to them. remember they can eat most of what you eat just no seasoning. They are scavengers, and they can be picky little buggers to! I have went and bought all these exotic fruits, mango, kiwi, apple pears, they didn't tough them! Put a part of a nanner { banana} or reg apple w no peel and they like it. I have plain Jane country crabs!

3. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

I avoid canned foods with the crabs, preservatives, sodium, BPA. Try not to feed too much tuna with the crabbies... heavy metals, not good for inverts.

I go to my fish monger and buy 1-2 pounds of a small type fish (spearing, smelt, anchovy etc.). I freeze them in a ziplock freezer bag flat in my freezer. Freezing the small fish flat helps to break a chunk off easier than a whole mass of fish. It only costs between $4-$6 and it last almost the whole year. I do the same for shrimp and clams. Pet stores have small frozen flats of silversides (a small fish) for $3 if you don't want the hassle. Fresh is best!

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I have done it in a pinch, bought the bag stuff to. sometimes ya gotto do what ya gotto do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.