1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying something new! please reply!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by cluelesscrabber, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

You can use it from a tree if you know it has never been treated with anything. I buy mine from a store on bulk and sell it on my Ebay store.

2. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

The three sources of cellulose are boiled oak tree bark, oak leaves, and grated corncobs. I live in Oak Grove Apartments so I can goright outside and pick up the bark and the leaves, I've crumbled the leaves on top of different recipes and have ground both the bark and the leaves into a dry mix with other ingredients. The oak leaves are also a source of tannin, which brings out the hermies color. I found an article written for the Crab Street Journal entitled something like "How Old is My Crab?" One of the crabbers mentioned in Vanessa's article shared that she has raised two crabs for 11 years and there are pictures of them at various sizes. She regularly feeds her guys oak leaves and bark, and they are beautiful crabs. I have a feeling that adding cellulose to my crabs diet is a good thing to do. And these are ingredients I don't even have to pay for. YAY. I hope this helps. Thanks for letting me share, though I'm sorry I'm so long winded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.