1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took my daughter to Petsmart

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by gweebles, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

Now I am welcoming Soccerball, Flowers, and Spot to my tank. Now I am back up to 20 after losing Scutters. I also bought a fogger. It was only $28, I thought it wasn't working when I brought it home, it just didn't like the plastic cup I had it in. Once I put it in a glass vase, it fogged away, much to the fascination of my crabbies. I have 3 new empty shells, so I know my newbies have played dress-up and goodness knows what they are in right now, all are hiding behind my driftwood. The Petsmart in my area still is taking good care of the crabs, but none of the employees have a clue about them. One thought I was a crab breeder, I gave her the basic rundown of how crabs come into posession. When I left, she was holding one, talking to it. This morning, my guys wolfed down a sardine and some green beans, I think they will be happy here.

2. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

[​IMG]Congrats on your new hermie babies,gweebles!
    Your post made me smile!

3. gweebles

Thanks, my soft hearted 7 year old is detemined to adopt every single crab she sees. I hope my information I gave the people at the store will help them get a new respect for the little guys.

4. zenoscribe

zenoscribe "Never Molted"

Congrats! I hope you & your daughter stay soft-hearted [​IMG]

5. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Soccerball ... I can guess how he got that name, but ... LMAO! [​IMG] I can just see him someday a long time from now telling the other crabs, "well they call me that because for like five minutes 20 years ago I was wearing this shell ... " [​IMG] I love how kids name crabs. Not that I'm one to talk. I had one named Outlet Tester for a while. And another named Stud Finder. We've worked through quite a few tools since I got my first crabs and picked that as a theme. But congrats on your new guys! Strangely, aside from using gravel, my Petsmart doesn't do too badly with their crabs. They don't offer salt water, but I got one of the employees to put a few Doc Wellfish crystals in the food dish. Months and months have passed, and he still remembers to do it. Apparently adding the second water dish is against Petsmart policy.

6. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

"At Petsmart we really care about pets.That's why it's against the rules for us to keep them alive.YAY!"
    Ok I just felt like I had to do that....But I mean seriously,what are they going to do with the space where the second water dish coulda gone?Squeeze in more crabs?!...Oh,wait....but of course.

Congratulations on the new crabs gweebles.Cute names,too.[​IMG]

7. gweebles

LOL, you're right about the names. Of course Soccerball is now in another shell. Cowboy was trying on the Soccer shell for fit. I also found Butterfly, another crab, changing shells, here we go again. We need to come up with an identity bracelet or something for each crab. [​IMG] Of course, the way they molt, off that goes. I almost threw out a microcrab today while cleaning some of the sand out of the tank. Luckily I sift through the sand, just in case. There was Speedy, hiding in the sand, totally confused. Poor guy, he got an extra snack for his episode.

8. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Congrats on the new adoptees! It's actually kind of surprising that we don't have one named soccerball yet...hmm...I could run to the shop...of course that name's already taken so I suppose I'ld have to settle for "Beckham" or "Mia"...hmm....tempting...

9. gweebles

Sigh, they had a "grand opening" celebration at Petsmart today and my daughter heard it on the radio. Now we have Greeney and Curious added to our group. This is gonna get expensive! [​IMG] Oh well, I'm as bad as her. I will probably welcome my new ones with some cornbread and turkey. I'm running out of names and they switch shells so often, I'm often just guessing.

10. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

I have a theme. As long as there is a knight left on the round table or King Lot has more daughters, I will have names for the crabbies.

11. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Greeney and Curious.Let me guess,a stylish crab with a tacky,green painted shell that he changed out of right away and a crab with a desire to explore every inch of everything.LOL
    Congrats on the new,new additions![​IMG]

12. gweebles

You nailed the crab on the head, so to speak. I should have named Flowers "changling" or something like that. He cannot make up his mind on what shell he wants. Every day it is a new one, or three. LOL. Now that it is warmer here, these little guys are active!

13. ThreeDaisy

ThreeDaisy (Micro Crab)

Congrats on your new babies! I'm as bad as my kids too. I try to avoid the crab tanks in the pet stores. [​IMG] My kids name all our crabs. My six year old says Dad can't name them cause he'll name them all bob. Sometimes I help them name them or the last one we got would have been named Striped Wood. (I have no idea where that one came from - yep the six year old) I helped him name him Tiger [​IMG]

14. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

I like Striped Wood better. [​IMG]

15. gweebles

LMAO Striped wood definately sounds like something my daughter would have come up with too. I have to "get to know" my crabs before I can come up with a name, not so for my daughter. She has them named before the salesperson had them packed up. I did veto "potato chip" and "boing boing" as names. Where DO these kids come up with these?

16. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

The parental power of veto makes me sadly on the inside. Boing boing and potato chip are also sweet names.

17. gweebles

Becca, I take it you are young then. I guess when we get older we lose our imagination. I just couldn't see why a purple crab would fit the name "boing boing".. Of course I guess I shouldn't complain because she named a cat "cauliflower"......sigh, I give up. We already have a fish names "plasma-wrench" thanks to her liking for Dexter's Laboratory.

18. ThreeDaisy

ThreeDaisy (Micro Crab)

LOL I am laughing at "plasma-wrench" I just wanted the poor crab to have an honerable name. [​IMG] Boing Boing is an interesting name. I would have definately vetoed Potato Chip. Got to draw the line somewhere. Kids are great!

19. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

I'm 17 (1 more year!!!) But also pretty odd, so Boing Boing is just awesome to me. Plasma-wrench is also brilliant. I'm almost regretting my theme...random naming is just so fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.