1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too many locked threads

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Jedi_sena, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

Why are there so many locked threads? Do you lock threads after a certain period of time passes?

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Can you be more specific- is it a certain place?? Stickies are locked
    Is there a reason you want to answer an old thread? Just curious as to why this is coming up so I can get you an answer..........

3. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

When I first joined, I went into the archives a bit....Maybe Jedi Sena has something important to add to an old thread....We always welcome new outlooks and takes ....

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

90 days the thread is timed out........if there is relevance to something then a new thread can be created

5. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

It just seems that in each forum section there are only a few active threads and I've always gotten the impression at other forums that they want each topic to be covered thoroughly on the same thread instead of starting a new one. I'm just getting to know my way around here, and can't even figure out how to get reply notifications. But it makes sense that it is due to a time constraint. I'm satisfied with that explanation. It wasn't meant as a remark (I hope you didn't take it that way); I was just curious. There were a few locked threads where I thought I could make a meaningful addition, but it's no big deal. Knowing that threads are closed in 90 days, I'll just have to visit more often if I want to participate. Thanks for the info!

6. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

On closer inspection, only a few forum sections seem to have many locked threads, and those must be the least popular subjects. Aaaaah! The light bulb goes on! Finally!

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

well we like satisfied customers- its the way its always been and it works for us here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.