1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why you should switch to fresh foods.

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by hermitcrab2005, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermitcrab2005

hermitcrab2005 Hi, I'm New Here!

I looked these up using a dictionary on my computer:

menadione

fungicide: a yellow crystalline solid used as a fungicide and as a vitamin K supplement in medicines and animal feedstuffs.
    Formula: C11H8O2

copper sulfate

n
    poisonous blue chemical: a poisonous blue compound containing copper and sulfur that is used in dyeing and as a fungicide.
    Formula: CuSO4

ferrous sulfate :

pale green salt of iron: a white or pale green salt containing iron, oxygen, and sulfur. It occurs naturally as the mineral copperas, and is used in inks, tanning, and in the treatment of iron-deficient anemia.

propylene glycol (foudn in those vanilla cookies!)

thick colorless liquid antifreeze: a colorless thick sweet-tasting liquid derived from propylene and used as an antifreeze in brake fluid, and as a solvent and lubricant.

And isn't high fructose corn syrup sugar?

zeolite:
    silicate minerals that may also contain sodium, calcium, barium, and potassium, occurring in cavities in weathered igneous rocks and hydrothermal veins.
    The ion exchange properties of zeolites have application in water purification.

Products these are found in:

JurassiDiet Hermit Crab Food
    Tetra Terrafauna Hermit Crab Cakes
    Tetra Terrafauna Hermit Crab Meal
    T-Rex Crab Island Fruit and Flower Crab Food
    Ectotherm The Original Hermit Crab Yummies
    HBH Hermit Crab Variety Bites

There are a lot more because there are a lot more hermit crab foods out there that I didnt look up. This is why i think everyone should switch to feeding hermit crabs fresh foods.

2. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Or make their own commercial food!

It's awful what preservatives and chemicals these big companies put in their crab food.
    BOYCOTT COMMERCIAL FOOD!
    Oh except for Crab Island and Gardner's.LOL

3. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

If they make it themselves...it's not commercial anymore. [​IMG]

4. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Wher do you guys get the ingridients to make your own food? is it expensive? I dont want to kill my crabs by feeding them commerical foods so I have started giving them it once a week and everyday giving them apples or carrots or other "safe" foods we have in our house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.