1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They weren't mine, but ....

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by msdiamonddawg, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

My boyfriend and I went to the flea market yesterday. We passed this booth that sells fish/reptiles and yes .. hermit crabs. The first time we went by, we asked the guy if he sold crabs. He proceeded to take us to a horrid tank, grabbed some kind of stick and started poking at the shells saying there are crabs in there. I said whoa, buddy, relax, you don't do that to them.... So that was our first experience with the guy and I promised myself I would NEVER buy a thing from this loser.

Well, yesterday we there and my b/f was looking at something, so I walked over. Well, my heart sank. There in the tank were so many dead crabs. Some just lying there on their backs, and the one that really, really broke my heart :( was dead, hanging all the way out of his shell, all ash colour. I called my b/f over and loudy said..."look at this ... look how he takes care of his animals. They're all dead in the tank and he doesn't even have the decency to take them out. This guy should NEVER sell animals and no one should EVER buy from him". Everyone was looking at me, but if it stops even one person from buying, I'll have made a difference. This guy is always soooo busy with customers too. If we go back and see it again, I'm going to say something to his face. There is another family in there that sells crabs, which is where I get mine from, and I'll ask them to get involved too. There has to be something that can be done to stop him.

I was so angry and so heart broken for the little crabs, it bothered me all day..and still does.

I hope they are happier in crab Heaven then having to live with this jerk. Rest in peace little guys.

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

I know that that is kinda heartbeaking. Why can't people take better care of animals?? Have you ever heard of anyone doing that to cats and dogs? Just because an animal is small and defenseless and shy doesn't mean that people should be mistreating them.

3. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

say something to him that isnt right and people shouldnt be aloud to treat animals like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.