1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theme for May's Contest!

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by kellie_1324, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moire_eel

moire_eel Guest

OK, here's my entry. Five crabs celebrating Cinco de Mayo, surrounded by hot peppers and watched over by the Mexican Corn God.

[img width=300 height=242]http://decapods.net/crabs/group/cinco2-web.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=234]http://decapods.net/crabs/group/cinco1-web.jpg[/img]

Guess which crab was the best at taking directions? ;) If you guessed the one that was made in Mexio, you're right, but even he wasn't always cooperative! And the hermit crabs all have contracts saying that they can only work 15 minute days, so we had to take what we could get. The actors in this scene are Grep, Needles, Needlenose and Pushpin. Pushpin never even came out of his shell, but what the heck, we know he was in there! I have never done a set-up shot like this before, and it was harder than expected!

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Awwww!!! Looks great!!! You all got so colorful and good ideas...(goes and kicks the stupid pinata)

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Hush now Vic that Pinata took alot of work! :icon_thumleft:

4. jsrtist

jsrtist "First Molt In Progress"

LOL I love your pics, especially the cute little crab trying to climb up the god!! And setup shots like this are hard, because mine didnt want to stay on set–they all wanted to run away!

5. hermiesrokmysox

hermiesrokmysox (Large Crab)

urg, my cbra Little Red, the one with the Mexican looking shell is molting and has been for a while...hmm....i guess i could use P/G (one of my crabs).................

6. jsrtist

jsrtist "First Molt In Progress"

No one else is going to enter the contest? :(

7. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I can't now, Steph and the kids are in FL along with both my digital camera AND camcorder :mad:! Oh well, they're down having fun with their family... I can wait until the next contest, lol. Have fun and good luck to everyone.

8. only 5 entries so far??? Come on guys...let's get going (myself included!)

9. hermiesrokmysox

okay okay, brb!!

10. hermiesrokmysox

TA-DAH!
    [img width=300 height=224]http://i4.tinypic.com/10p55qg.jpg[/img]
    hehe, wonderful, i know! hey man, i had no mexican stuff in my house. lol. :eek:

11. Ok, since no one else entered after I got the deadline extended, I rushed to beat the it so at least there would be one more entry! Go figure no one would be up or cooperating...

Here's an E, diving face into the fiesta:
    [​IMG]

Here he is soaking up the sights:
    [​IMG]

and of course no fiesta is complete without musica and dance!
    [​IMG]

And then the only other crab up was a PP who posed for a few pictures:
    [​IMG]

getting up close and personal...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.