1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theme for May's Contest!

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by kellie_1324, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellie_1324

kellie_1324 Guest

The theme for May will be.....*drum roll please*

FIESTA!

[img width=274 height=300]http://www.fabricattic.com/la%20fiesta.jpg[/img]​

Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so we're going to have fun with parties this month!! So bring out those Sombrero's or other party hats,use brightly colored fabrics, or cool & unusual party favors and have fun with it! Deck your crabitat out for the fiesta of the year. Just make sure no hermit crabs are harmed in the hitting of the Pinatas!! ;) Feel free to make it a Mother's Day party if you'd like to also. We don't want to forget to honor thy Mother's! :icon_thumleft:

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Wooohoo! Good choice Kel! Hmmmm ok I said I'd enter...*puts thinking cap on*

The prize this month is this mini pack : [img width=225 height=300]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3478/img20756gz.jpg[/img]

And also your choice of one(1) of these buttons:
    [img width=300 height=225]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6705/img22269fb.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8476/img22176qw.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3208/img22338uj.jpg[/img]

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Sorry for the blurry pic, it's the picture. The button is not blurry.

4. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Ay chihuahua, we have muy bein ideas already! Arriba, andale.

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

AH the owner of 2 chihuahua's and one mexican hubby makes me want to enter this one.......... :tongue3: its my b-day this month so everyone should let me win LOLOL

6. tara

tara "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

:hello2: wheeee! Okay, Vicki, I'll see what I can do with this one! I got some cute ideers runnin' around in my head... :confused5:

Do crabs drink mojitos?

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ok how's this, we get ATLEAST 10 members to enter I throw in a surprise gift from my ebay store. If we get 20 members or more, the winner gets to pick a t-shirt from cafepress.

8. kellie_1324

kellie_1324 Guest

Hey! Thats a GREAT idea, Vicki!! Talk about getting participation going. I was just thinking about sitting this one out...until I read that post! LOL C'mon everyone, lets make this contest the best one yet! :icon_thumleft:

9. what if you were to, instead of increasing the winners prize, give like a 2nd or even 3rd place prize, so you'd be giving away the same amout of stuff, it'd just be spread out among more people? I think that might encourage more people to participage than just one huge prize... I don't know, what do you all think?

10. vckums

vckums Moderator

Cassie interesting idea. Start a poll on iot so we can gather what the members like. You are such a thinker!!! :icon_thumleft:

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

OH NO we have to do our tat? I just did my crab with a festive background--please advise I may not be able to do a whole tat :help:

12. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I think getting more member participation is a GREAT idea, and I also like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes too. I hope that will get more folks involved.

This is a plea. C'mon everybody, this is such a fun site and so laid back. No stress here so let's all have fun together. We all have busy lives but we can still play once in a while, right? Get snappin' everyone!

13. Herm-Ez, I know what you mean...I have stuff to decorate with, but I wouldn't want to put it all in the tank and get it dirty, so I decided I'm going to design a set and then take them out and do a photo shoot on the set, that way I don't have to totally redo the tank, and I don't have to take shots through the glass or at odd angles!

14. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

if that is ok then I need to do that too.....I just wanted to make sure it was allowed :icon_smile: I already have a pic just want to see if I can get one better

15. ah, I did just read that it's "deck your crabitat out"... maybe that won't work. any clarification from the officials? :tongue3:

16. kellie_1324

kellie_1324 Guest

Well, I didn't think of it they way you guys are, yet it sounds like thats what I meant....LOL Sorry about that! I said "Deck out your crabitat" as one of my closing lines, but you can just as easily take pics of your crabs partying it up outside of the 'tat as well!!

Sorry for the confusion. :hiding:

17. vckums

vckums Moderator

lol Kel's good at confusing j/k It can be any pic, inside or out of the tank. Have fun with it and I hope everyone, all 128 members participate!

18. Bloodberry

Bloodberry (Medium Crab)

FYI woman mojitos are Cuban! :confused5: :tongue3:

19. tara

tara "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

*shh....de cwabs don't know dat....*

20. hermiesrokmysox

hermiesrokmysox (Large Crab)

you guys are so weird, in a funy, good way. :laughing9:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.