1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The not so sly fox

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by timebandit, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

I like my eggs fried, just salt, pepper, and olive oil.

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I like poached eggs, without the yellow! I hate the yellow, whether the eggs be be hard-boiled eggs, scrambled, or sunny-side-up!

3. Donny (TMNT)

I like all parts of the egg, except the shell, of course.

4. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

My dog likes the shell, and so do hermit crabs!

5. Donny (TMNT)

Dogs can have the shell? I used to put really smashed up egg shells in my crabs food.

6. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yeah! Dogs can have the shell. They like it, and it's good for them, and full of calcium and minerals. It helps strengthen their teeth.

7. Donny (TMNT)

Same with the crabs, but its for their exo, not their "teeth". (Do they have teeth?) I doubt it, since they use their claws to crush their food.

8. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

To tell you the truth, I have no idea if they have teeth, or not. I never really thought about it...

9. Donny (TMNT)

I tend to doubt it. I think they just have mouth holes.

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yeah. And feelers, and feathery stuff, and grabbers.

11. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Those 'grabbers' are called maxillae. It's really cool if you can see them while a crab is eating.

12. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yeah, they're all feathery and, weird... Maxillae is a good name for them! It suits them, perfectly!

13. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Oh, and the yellow part of the egg is where almost all of the nutrients are! The white has some protein, but some of the good for you fats, and all of the vitamins and minerals are in the yellow. Besides, how can you hate the yellow in scrambled eggs? The eggs wouldn't be scrambled if the yellow and white weren't mixed together.

14. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I never knew that! Wow! You learn something new, everyday, I guess! :biglaugh:
    I just don't like them. They are crumbly, and soft, and hardly have any taste, and the taste that they do have, I don't like, basically... :chuckle:

15. Donny (TMNT)

I really like the yellow part, but its super filling.

16. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Love me a fried egg sandwhich with ketchup! The yellow has to be cooked well. If I'm eating just fried eggs with toast then the yellow has to be a little runny so you can sop it up with the toast. I love making deviled eggs and the left over filling just eat it! I like to zap them in the micro wave and eat them just like you fix them for the crabs, of course mine I season with salt and pepper. Now I want a fried egg sandwhich!

17. Donny (TMNT)

Or, you could make a slightly healthier sandwhich by slapping the fried egg between wheat bread. That's how I eat 'em.

18. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I love wheat bread to, at our store we have a lady that makes home made wheat bread oh it's so good warmed up & lathered in real butter

19. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Well the neighbor mowed his lawn so the chicks and the rooster are outside again. They have all been in his house since the run in with the fox. YUK, YUK, YUK, gross. Or in his utility room cause his house is set up like mine. They can all go in and out of the doggy door he has. lol, yuk.
    The chicks and the rooster are all brown so they lay all brown eggs. I bought some local fresh eggs that were all brown and they were so good. Farm fresh eggs are the best.
    Compare them to cattle that get to graze in the fields and maybe have a bucket of grain every now and then to cattle that are raised in livestock pens fed grain and corn all their life. To a chicken that can graze around a yard eatting whatever and given grain and corn once a day or a chicken raised in a mass chicken warehouse where they are raised in a cage.
    I do like grain fed beef but they can also graze. The beef is more tasty and tender. But when it comes to the chicken I will take the local farm eggs anyday.

20. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Wow! This thread has been getting a LOT of replies! Speaking of chickens, and farms, I just came back from a week at a Tanglewood Discovery Trip, called, 'Farm Living'! I arrived there on Sunday, July 24, 2010, at 1:30 p.m., and departed today (Friday, July 30, 2010, at 1:30 p.m.). Basically, you got to spend one week camping at a horse-powered farm, getting up at 6:30 a.m. every morning to do morning chores, such as feeding and watering the animals, and collecting the chicken eggs. There was a lot more that we did, including visiting a salmon fish hatchery, run by the Fish and Wildlife Service, swimming in 3 different places, both either ponds, or lakes, having a campfire every night and roasting s'mores, picking weeds in the boiling hot sun for more than 2 hours, eating oreos and fresh, pasteurized milk in a big, farm freezer, watching the horse dude shovel horse crap, and just having fun and interacting with everybody. I had so much fun, doing farm chores, and eating delicious meals, and snacks, and I can't wait to go back again. They only do one week of that particular camp, a year, so I will just have to wait until next year! My camp mates were awesome, and so were my counselors! I LOVED THAT CAMP! :hermez2: