1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The not so sly fox

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by timebandit, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Hot dogs are yummy, but if you knew the exact list of ingredients that they are made from, you would think twice, before biting into a delicious, warm, savory, hot dog! :biglaugh:

2. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Hardly. I know what's in hotdogs. I'm not kidding.
    Most people probably don't know this, but hotdogs are cased in the entrails
    of pigs.

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I know whats in them too! In the very early 70's my class went on a field trip and went to a local hotdog factory. But I still eat them.
    Emmac350.. When I order a steak I want it to have good looking marbleing. Nice fat veins flowing through it. I know grass fed beef is better for you and you can very rarely get a corn fed steak anymore except for Omaha Steaks and it is very expensive.
    Also, yes stitches. He would cut his fingers all the time from the knife.
    When I was 19 I worked at a place called IBP (Iowa Beef Processers). I cut off a thing called an elephant ear off the side of beef, throw it into a container and used for hamberger. I cut my hand too but never needed stitches. I wore a mesh glove to protect only one of my hands. The knives are like razors.

4. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I am not quite sure, of the exact definition of, 'entrails', but if it means, 'pig testicles', than I'm all for it! :biglaugh:

5. Donny (TMNT)

entrails = intestines.

6. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Oh... Interesting! I should have known! I have heard the word, 'entrails', used, many a time!

7. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I know some butchers still use entrails for casings, but I'm pretty sure that most of the hot dogs on the market are encased in something other than entrails nowadays. People got grossed out by the idea so they started using other stuff to put them in.

8. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Well, that's good to know! Thank you, emmac350, for that info.! Now I can start eating hot dogs with a bit more enthusiasm when my Mom or Dad serve them to me, or randomly decide to stop for hot dogs, or cook them on the grill at a barbecue, or we go to a barbecue, or we go to a friend, or family member's house, and they give us hot dogs, or we go to a restaurant the only thing on the menu, is hot dogs (I doubt it) :biglaugh: !

9. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

They're grossed out by the fact that there are intestines that used to be around their hotdogs but NOT that there are pig snouts in their sausage? Really?

10. Donny (TMNT)

I find intestines to be a whole lot grosser than pig snouts, but hey,
    I just don't think about it. "ignorance is bliss" if you've watched the Babe pig movie. If not intestines, then what do they put them in now?

11. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I've watched the movie, 'Babe', too! It was very good, dramatic, and emotional.
    I am not sure what they put in hot dogs, nowadays. I do know that the stuff they put in them before, was vomitacious, (just a word I made up, which, obviously refers to something that is disgusting, such as vomit) but I think currently, they are just made up of a bunch of random meats from different animals, all gathered from different parts!

12. Donny (TMNT)

Yeah.....hot dogs are always nasty no matter what you replace them with.

13. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yup! You got it! :hilarious:

14. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hey now don't hate the weenies! I love the oscar myers cold right out of the frig, cook over the flame on the stove, grilled, over a camp fire, fried in butter, chopped up in baked beans, with a bun or with out. mmm mmmm goood! They have to be Oscars though, no other can match a good Oscar! :drooltongue:

15. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Same here! Those are my favorite hot dogs. I detest the bright red ones, even though they taste the same. Bright red, is not a very attractive color, when it comes down to food. I also am fond of the little packages of mini hot dogs that my local grocery store, (Hannaford) sells.

16. Donny (TMNT)

I don't hate the weenies, Im just saying they're gross, but they're also delicious!
    It doesn't make any sense, but its true! Kind of like "pizza rolls".

17. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yeah. There are some things in life that are gross, but at the same time they are delicious/awesome! It's weird, but that's the way it is, and that's the way it will stay... :chuckle:

18. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

I do love hot dogs ... Yummy tasty random mystery meat and rat hair canisters ... But SO GOOD! I do love the Oscar Mayer ones ... The turkey franks they have are pretty awesome too. I've recently been replacing most of the beef and pork I eat with turkey ... Except bacon. Bacon is just an absolute good. I will never be able to give it up. Though I do like turkey bacon too ... It's just not the same ...

Oh and I do like Ball Park franks too ... I just kinda have to be in the mood for them first .... And they HAVE to be cooked on a grill or a fire.

19. Donny (TMNT)

I only like beef/turkey frank hot dogs. I just can't eat any other brand.

20. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Okay, guys! Now I see what Jellybean, means, when she says, we are getting off topic! Let's get back to the main subject; chickens, chicken coops, foxes, and eggs... And if we are so interested in hot dogs, I will just create a hot dog thread! :hilarious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.