1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Missing Link, Food additive/Vitamin

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by CudaCrabby, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] Ok i have been talking about using a reptile vitamin liquid or pwder to the hermies diet now i have also rememberd that there was one that i could try called "The Missing Link"
    it is nutrient-rich, additive-free, with no Synthetic preservatives, additives, colorants and flavors which may also have toxic properties. I will get the full ingrediants of this additive/vitamin and post that as well. There has been fatastic results using this with Horses/dogs/cats/birds/humans/ wonder how well it would work with hermies maybe theres something in it that the hermies can utilize that we are not aware of in there natural diet in the wild.. [​IMG]

2. Aviate

Aviate "Never Molted"

I have heard excellent reviews of this product. Do you know what is in the reptile version? I would like to see when you find out the ingredients. [​IMG]

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I found their website www.designinghealth.com
    You can scroll through and check out the products and ingredients too. I didn't see anything specifically for reptiles, but I am going to put an inquiry into them on Monday. I will post my answer when they respond.

4. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] Yah they didnt have one for reptiles as far as i know i was thinking on using the one for birds.. [​IMG] Thanks Kupla for posting that link.. [​IMG]

5. kuplakrabs

Hey Cuda
    I just ordered some of the formula made for human consumption. I think it sounds pretty good-at least it has to be better than many of the commercial crab/fish foods on the market.

I do wonder about the licorice root, though. And I know rosemary in its fresh form should be avoided, but T-Rex Fruit&Flower also contains rosemary....the only other question is the garlic. I believe it was listed as an ingredient in the All-Natural Hermit Crab Sourcebook as one to avoid...again maybe in the fresh form.?.

Either way, I chose the Omega 3 Master Nutrient formula for human consumption because it does not contain any bone/fish meal. I'll post the results when I give it a try.

6. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

Excellent product!
    I use it for my dogs.
    I can call my holistic vet (she also does reptiles and birds) and ask her about it for the hermies. Darn, just took one of my dogs in for her yearly check up today, could have asked her then.

I did just see on their site they have "ask a vet", so maybe it would be better to ask their vet directly.

7. kuplakrabs

I just got my second bag--the online site at which I purchased it sent me the canine formula the first time in error. I gave the crabs the canine formula the other day because it has freeze dried beef liver, fd oyster, fd cod fish protein and fd beef bone meal.

I was hesitant at first because of the bone meal, but after visiting the site that makes the product, I decided it was okay because they use only human grade products. I think the bone meal should be okay as long as it is freerze dried, no?

Anyway, this stuff (the Master Nutrient Formula) rocks in a protein shake!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.