1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hermie in the pet store

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by dancinhermielover, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancinhermielover

dancinhermielover (Micro Crab)

I didn't actually own this hermit crab, but I saw it in a pet store. As I was looking at the poor mistreated hermies in the tank, I noticed one just sitting there. When you put your finger against the glass in front of him, he didn't move. I felt absolutely terrible. It just was not moving. The next day, his shell was empty and he was not inside the tank. I knew I would not be allowed to buy one more hermit crab, but if I was, I would have bought him and tried to save him and keep him alive with proper treatment. I just wanted to put this on here as a memorial for him in hopes that he is living happily on the peaceful beaches of Hermie Heaven.

-Courtney

2. reader101

reader101 Banned

It's the thought that counts. If every one of us here could rescue the ones left behind, it would be a better world for all.
    Did you consider approaching the staff/owner about the proper conditions for hermies? Unfortunately, since the staff turnover is usually quite high, they know squat about hermies. You can offer your knowledge to help increase survival rate, especially since they lose money for every death, and money seems to be the only thing a lot of stores care about or understand.

3. tengo cangrejos ermitaños

tengo cangrejos ermitaños (Small Crab)

It is sad that these things happen every day :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.