1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The foods i use.

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Pharmoc, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

I use a huge variety of food to feed my hermies with and reading all the posts on here has giving me lots of usefull tips and advice of what food is best.

Here are some of my hermies tucking in on salads and meats all mashed up.

They also like the occasional mashed banana , they love there moss and there fresh greens too.
    I also bought them some dried brine shrimp which they cant seem to get enough off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Your crabs are cute! I have a pale crab like the one in your second pictures and I fed him a lot of carrots and sweet potatoes and he gained a lot of color during his first molt. You're doing a great job--keep feeding them like that.[​IMG]

3. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

Im wondering if anybody else feed's there crabs on tuna & salmon mine seem to love it , altho i can only put it in the tank for short periods of time because with the heat and humidity it quickl;y starts to smell , im just checking really that this will do no harm to the herm's .
    When i give them salmon that especially seem to love eating the soft bones and ive even caught them squabbling over this kinda snatch and run its fun to watch but makes me remember t put plenty in why they seem to want what the other has i dont know .

4. crazeecrabber103

Salmon should be fine, but I'm not sure about tuna...If it's canned it might have table salt in it.

My two hermies that are up were fighting over a piece of chicken the other night, even though there was plenty for the two of them in the food dish. I don't know why they always want what another crab has, but sometimes it can be fun watching them try to get it. Unless it's a shell of course!

5. hermiesRcool

hermiesRcool Hi, I'm New Here!

also, the can it self, what it's made of, can harm the crab.
    lovely picture, though!!

6. crazeecrabber103

Thanks for bringing that up! I totally forgot. canned foods are no good for hermies because the metals from the can can seep into the food and harm hermies.

7. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

Been introducing more n more different types of foods to my herms latley and i always set out 3 deishes with different foods in just to see what they tend to go for , one with vegetables , with wish parws shellsfish etc (wish they love) and the other with fruits and seeds !

They seem to like a mixture itook up the advice on the organic peanut butter and have introduced them to it today so see how they get on !

Hope everybody and there herms are doing well long time no see , will try get on bit more frequently xx

[​IMG]

8. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

9. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

10. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Lovely pictures

11. BestPet

BestPet "Never Molted"

Is that raw shrimp I see in the foods you feed them? Can I use raw shrimp?

12. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

More often than not I feed mine raw shrimp. I always make sure the chitin stays on the shrimp. I also feed them raw fish from time to time. These are big hits and all of my 22 hermies seem to appreciate them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.