1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feed Bag Hermit Crab Food

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by CJ, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

I found a new pet store in an adjoining city that is selling "natural" foods for pets.

They also sell some types of fish and hermit crabs. Nothing else.

If one would buy a hermit crab from them, they require that you also purchase a hermit crab care book and "The Feed Bag Hermit Crab Food" as they feel it is a good base food for the hermit crabs. They also sell T-Rex hermit crab food.

Any one familiar with this brand of food?
    Thank you!!

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Interesting ... I've never heard of that food. Maybe they make it themselves? Do they print ingredients on the label? And what book are they having people buy?

3. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

Well, after I posted this question, I realized that the feed bag is the name of the store, and not the exact name of the food. Duh! They must get special labels.

It looks like it is from Bob Gardner Enterprises
    Henderson, TN. Here is what the label says: Contents: Meat Meal, Bone Meal, Coconut Meal, Seaweed, Soybean Meal, Mangrove Sap, trace elements. Contents are balanced for the proper development of cuticle skin during molting. For all land hermit species. Guaranteed analysis Crude Protein 19.6% Crude Fat 4.9% Crude Fiber 10.0% Ash 2.0%

I think the book is Gardner's Tree Crab Book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.