1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crabbage Patch!!!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by cococrisp, Mar 1, 2010.

1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Ok, so we just had to get away from some of this snow so we just packed some stuff into the car and took of (that is so us). We took Rosie but our dog was too big (she's a lab) and it's not like the hermies or tortoises would enjoy it anyways with all the stress. Well, so far so good, we've only been kicked out of one hotel because rosie three a squealing fit when we were away. So, now we have to stay at pet friendly inns (we didn't know the holiday inn didn't except pigs!). But, anyways, we were in Orlando so we just had to go to the Crabbage Patch. It was awesome! They had like 5 giant tanks with the most friendly hermies ever. They let you touch their tails! Tammy was super nice and we talked to her for a while just about hermit crabs. I don't think I've ever really talked to anyone else in person who's actually interested in hermit crabs. And, there was a whole wall with probably 30000000000 shells. No trip to Orlando is complete with out a visit to the Crabbage Patch (and disney to of course)!

2. imported_deedeeiam

imported_deedeeiam Hi, I'm New Here!

Wait..you took a pig on a road trip?

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

You touched tails??? Could you explain more?

4. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Yeah, asfar as I know, crabs don't have tails. I'm curious, what's the Crabbage Patch? Is it like a store for hermit crab related things?

5. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

The Crabbage Patch is an online (didn't realize it was an in-person store too) store. They sell crab supplies, live crabs during the summer, and are most famous for their shells.

6. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

...Whoa. Sounds amazing. Whenever I go to Florida for whatever reason, I'll remember this. Oh yeah were the shells organized like in those Lego stores at the mall where you can get a certain piece? Because if it is... man, I'd really want to go there. Were there any actual crabs for sale? :O Maybe the crabs were robots!

7. cococrisp

Yeah, there were lots for sale. Ok, so you know the abdomen of a crab? That soft thing that goes in the shell? Well, she hand feeds her hermit crabs and they are super friendly (she actually designed a specially made crab feeder!) and so you can pat them on the back because they will reach out of their shell to get a little strawberry treat she gives them. They aren't like running out of their shells but they come out pretty far. And she works with them every day. It's really cool. It's not like the end of their tail but if I can manage to touch any part of my crab other than the big pincher thats  big success. But her crabs know her and recognize her. She has like 300 of them, it's crazy. The shell rack is like a giant bookshelf with little tupperwares the size of shoe boxes and you can bring your crabs in and have them try on shells (if they are brave enough to come out).

8. n00b

n00b "Preparing For First Molt"

NEAT!  I know on the website she only sells PP's.  In the actual store does she sell any other kinds of hermit crabs?

9. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

Yes, very neat!

10. cococrisp

Nope, just PPs.

11. Donny (TMNT)

I......I HAVE TO VISIT THIS PLACE!!! It sounds AMAZING! I can't even LOOK at my crab without her shrinking back! That is soooooooo cool!

12. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

Um, what is disney, besides a tv company?

If it has something to do with tv, i don't have tv, so i'll be clueless.

13. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I'm assuming that they were talking about Disneyworld (or is it Disneyland? I can never remember which is which), which is a giant set of theme parks in Orlando. I've never been there, but my brother and sister both got to go with the marching band at our high school. They've got tons of rides, people dressed up as characters from Disney movies, and they also (so I hear) have educational places too - go and visit "different countries" that they have set up in one of the parks.

...from what I've heard, it's also an insanely overpriced place.

14. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Oh my gosh!!! That's AMAZING! :D My crabs come out right away, but never come out close to that far. I really NEED to go there! :D Wow, you must have had the best road trip ever!

15. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

:think: That sounds farmiliar.

16. Donny (TMNT)

Yeah, Didney WORLD is a lot different from Disney LAND. Disney World is a whole lot bigger, and is jam-packed with people. And if the CROWDS aren't enough to annoy you, the mosquitos will!

17. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I went to Disneyland when I was like 7, but I really want to go again and ride all the rollercoasters! And go to the new Harry Potter place, too. :)

18. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I've never been on a roler coaster.

19. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

I don't like roller-coasters.. :/ the zero-g feeling kills me

20. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

:idunno: