1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tetra

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by Medley, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medley

Medley Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi! did you know that everything that is Tetra has that ethyquin (I think that is how you spell it!) and, will that hurt your fish???

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Medley,
    Keep an eye out for some information that will soon be available here at HCRU about Ethoxyquin.

Unfortunately, etho is found in many fish and hermit crab foods. Over time it may prove to be fatal to your crabbies and is best to avoid if you can. In the meantime, check our library forum for additional info.

3. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

I'm curious as well as to the effects of ethoxy on fish, turtles, etc., not just hermies. I understand why it's bad for hermies, but don't know whether it will hurt vertebrates. I've taken my turt off Reptomin and am giving her ethoxy-free ZooMed instead, just in case.

4. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

I remember reading somewhere that ethoxyquin does have a bad effect on everything that digests it. The publication I was reading was written by a vet, and was discussing the effects on dogs, sometimes it proved fatal. The publication was on this forum, so check around and you will probably find it.
    Jess

5. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

Ally,
    The discussion is titled "ethoxyquin research" posted by cpcmember2000. The link to what I mentioned is in the first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.