1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Little did I know that I'd be using this so soon after creating it :tear:

Last night I found another PP dead; it's the other adoptee from the first batch I adopted.  The first one, Captain who was blind, held in there for about 2 months.  I was worried a little about Tennille too but she seemed like she perked up pretty well.  She started climbing more and changed shells (albeit into one that was WAY too small) and even started getting a little friendlier and coming out to say hi when I picked her up occasionally to check on her.  She was the piggy crab in my upstairs tank I mentioned last week in another thread.  She seemed to be eating much better and just seemed more energetic.  Monday night she came up to the front of the tank and I thought she was watching TV with me but apparently she just went there to die.  I came home from work last night and went up to change clothes before going out and she was just sitting there and wasn't moving any antenna or anything so I reached in to see if she'd move and nothing.  Steph then picked her up (I don't like touching dead things, it really bothers me) and Tennille just fell out of her shell when she tipped it.  I just don't understand and I'm really bummed about this one.  I was hoping both Captain and Tennille would come around and do better but I guess all the time they were kept without conditioned well water (it had a lot of heavy metals in it) and no salt water finally took it's toll. 

At least I hope that's what it was and not something wrong in my upstairs tank.  I had another unexpected PP death up there a couple weeks ago.  I think I'll hold off on getting any more crabs for a while until I know for certain that all is well in there.

RIP Tennille.  Go be with your buddy Captain and be happy in crabby heaven.  I tried to do right by you both; I was apparently too late.

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Aw geez I am so sorry Chris--you did the best you could for him.....I know how you feel I am losing alot of the ones adopted last fall. He died loved and well well cared for.  :tear:

3. queenofthecrabs

queenofthecrabs (Small Crab)

I am sorry to hear that Chrispy!

4. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Thanks guys.

Yeah Herm, that's the other one I got from that woman you told me about, the blind guy Captain was the other one.  What a bummer.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

:tear: Sorry chickie

6. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

I am so sorry Chrispy  :tear:

7. Charis

Charis Guest

I am so sorry. The words my mom used to comfort me when she found out Flamenco had died: "He died happy, well cared for, and safe, you took good care of him. He lived a happy life as short as it was. He loved you too." I hope this helps. It sure helped me when I was bummed about the death of Flamenco.

8. crabcrazy

crabcrazy Guest

RIP Tennille