1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'tat make over!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by frenchpea2002, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm-Ez inspired me to finally get around to doing a deep clean, and here are the results!  The basic layout is the same, I just added some more things for them to climb on and put in some new shells, which they went crazy over! 

BEFORE:  (you can see all the plants they pull down on a DAILY basis!  :BangHead: )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DURING:

crabs in a bucket with new shells!
    [​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

(welcome back meal of raw salmon drizzeled with honey and sprinkled with dry kibble all on a bed of fresh spinach leaves)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of my crabs (most of which wouldn't come out):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then the two smallest that got "demoted" to the little guy tank:
    [​IMG]

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Awesome tank!!!!! Where'd you get the plants, Im looking for some exactly like those! Your crabs look happy in the new tank!

3. It's not much different than before, just minor changes. As for the plants, I'm not really sure. They came with the tanks when I got them. Some guy was adopting out his hermies to someone he knew would take care of them and I got the two tanks (this 55 and a 44g corner) with everything in them, the stands, etc, for FREE since he couldn't take them with him to Hawaii where he was moving. I'd try a craft store.

Here's a pic that shows it really well, the suction cup has a hole through the back thing and the stem fits right into it. with yoru E's tho, you'll be re-applying them every day, just to warn you! :tongue3:

[​IMG]

4. CrabE

CrabE Guest

Very cool! I love it when people redo their 'tats! As for the above picture, is that an ISO inside the crabitat??? :color:

5. yep, that's an iso in the tank...I like that because it allows them to have the exact same conditions, yet still be isolated. I wouldn't recomend it if you were iso-ing for mites or something like that, but for an uncovered or disturbed molter, I like it...

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Thanks FP! I am going to go shopping tomorrow!

7. CrabE

CrabE Guest

Ooh! Very cool! Thanks for the tip! :icon_thumleft:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.