1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tank Question

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by pblove, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

I see people post that they have a 40 (or whatever size) breeder tank.
    What is a breeder tank????? Is it one that is long and not so high?

2. oimsofunny

oimsofunny Hi, I'm New Here!

The Breeder Tanks are more of a square shaped.

3. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pblove:
    I see people post that they have a 40 (or whatever size) breeder tank.
    What is a breeder tank????? Is it one that is long and not so high? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. My 40g breeder is 36 long, 18 wide, 16 high. My regular 40g is 36 long, 12-1/2 wide, 21 tall. So basically, it's wider and has more ground space than the tall one. I personally prefer the taller tanks for my crabs..they love to climb and it gives me more space to create "trees" for them to play in. The breeder works better for my tortoise though...she obviously doesn't climb, and needs more ground space to walk on.

4. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

Ugh, I had some turtles in a very large "breeder" tank. I gave the turtles to a rescue farm and left the tank up by the farm dumpster, thinking someone might use it. The next time I looked, it was all broken up as someone had thrwon it into the dumpster!!
    I wish I had it now, as I know it was hugh, could not carry it alone, so I draged it to my truck and dumpster- darn it!
    Thank you all for answering my questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.