1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-Rex Food-Crested Gecko Diet

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by kuplakrabs, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Crested Gecko Diet (meal replacement powder)
    All-Natural Human Grade Food Ingredients

I picked this up at Petco today...take a peek at the ingredients:

Banana powder, honey powder, hempola hempseed meal, bee pollen, calcium caseinate (source of isolated protein), fig powder, wheat germ meal, alfalfa leaf meal, brewers yeast, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, yeast culture, spirulina algae, rosehips powder, kelp meal, haemotococcus algae, marigold extract, rosemary extract, yucca extract, natural mixed tocopherols (as a preservative), vitamin A acetate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D-3), dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried lactobacillus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium longum fermenttion product, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product and dried bacillus subtillis fermentation product.

You mix one part powder to two parts dechlorinated fresh water. Makes up to a half a pound of food and has a shelf life unopened of 5 years...once opened, contents should be consumed within 6 months. Store in the refrigerator.

The bottle boasts "all in one super food-includes all foods, vitamins and minerals"

So, what does everyone think? I may add this to the food rotation of my crabs diet.

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I tried it tonight and the crabs were crammed in the food dish. Apparently they like it.

I found it here on line at a pretty cheap price. It cost me 5.99 at petco.

http://www.pet-shop.net/html/repfood.html

I've never done any business with the above company, so I can't offer any advice about their customer service, etc.

3. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

I'm going to buy Zoo Med powdered Day Gecko diet today for my new day geckos. I'm supposed to mix that with honey, non-citrus fruit baby food, and non-citrus fruit juice to make a mixture of "nectar". I have a feeling the crabs will be trying some, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.