1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching from crabs to toad

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by danofofano, May 23, 2011.

1. danofofano

danofofano "Never Molted"

Well, I think I won't keep my crabs. I have a toad in a temporary tank and I am planning on moving him to the crabs tank once they are gone. But one of my crabs may be molting, down for a week and a half already. Would I have to wait the month and a half or could I dig him up and have him put into a better tank ASAP? Also tips on selling crabs and finding the right owner would be great! (hopefully my mother won't be peed that I am selling them)

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Perhaps you'd have better luck if you adopted them out.  Also, if you have to have the tank before the crab is finished molting (although it would be best NOT to disturb him), then set up the spare tank so it's conditions are the same as your main tank.
    If you know where the crab is, take a kitchen spatula and cut a big square around him in the substrate.  Then lift the large square out by scooping it up from the bottom and place it in your other tank.
    If you can wait though, that would be best for the molter because there is always the danger of co lapsing the cave.  :flower: