1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweet potato preparation

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by imported_lovelylivelycrabs, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

imported_lovelylivelycrabs "First Molt, A Success"

How should I prepare a sweet potato for my crabs? Do they eat it raw, or cooked? Should I cook only what I'm serving and freeze the rest, or can I cook it all and freeze it?

I get to experiment a little this thanksgiving! :rubhands:They get turkey, sweet potato, broccoli, and pumpkin!! They're having their own little feast tonight (Tomorrow's too far away haha).

How are you giving your crabbies a taste of Thanksgiving?
    :hermzpoo:

2. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Cooking food removes alot of the natural nutrients, I say chop it up raw and serve it like that and freeze the rest so you can take out a little at a time.
    We dont do turkey in this house we do ham and it is too salty for crabs so I saved the Strawberry coconut chiller I got at the addiction store especially for tomorrow ;)

3. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

imported_lovelylivelycrabs "First Molt, A Success"

Sounds good, easier than cooking it.
    We made meat loaf tonight, so I stole some of the ground turkey :) We don't actually make a turkey for Thanksgiving, we go to my aunt's for dinner, so I had to make do. :chuckle: I don't think they'll mind.

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Just a quick note - crabs apparently love YOUNG celery and leaves. I put in a couple of pieces (out of the middle of the celery I used for the stuffing) and I can't find ANY of the celery in the tank. None of the leaves or the stalks. The trick apparently is to use the young (yellow) celery and leaves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.