1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprise, Surprise!!!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Crabaddict, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Wow! My medium strawberry, Cinna-bun, molted! I walked by the iso tank today only to find her topside! I'm so proud of her!!! :straw:

Here she is when I found her, sandy and all:
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/jabby77/hermies027.jpg[/img]
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/jabby77/hermies028.jpg[/img]

Now, let's get a closer look and see how well she did for her mamma:
    [img width=300 height=261]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/jabby77/hermies0292-1.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/jabby77/hermies030.jpg[/img]

She did wonderfully! She actually gained some color, this was her first molt with me :cheer:

2. Dell

Dell Guest

She looks beautiful! Congrats :blower: on the successful molt. I am so jealous of your straw! Here is to hoping my son and i get a couple at our next Petco trip. :)

3. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

:thanks: I hope you do too! They are my favorites... sweet, active and I never got pinched by one!

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

:eek:mg: CONGRATS that is wonderful!! :straw: she looks great you should be proud

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Very cute!! :kpics:

6. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Ain't she?!?! Thanks guys, she ate a little bit and munched on some cuttlebone but dove under the sand again. She didnt go far down, I can still see her shell a little.

7. Dell

Dell Guest

Is it amazing I have been crabbing for 4 years with no pinches?

8. shmama

shmama Guest

:wub: AWWW, she's SO ADORABLE! My straws are Very gentle with me too, even the Extra-large ones. I love all my crabbies but my straws tend to socialize with me a lot & just seem to get used to people faster than the PPs & Ruggies that I have. As yet, I have not been pinched by any crab since I started all this about a year ago (knock on wood- lol). I don't handle them daily though, only when needed. :straw:
    ~ Crabaddict, what type of sand or sand mix do you use in the ISO for molters? :shmama:

9. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Wow, you guys are lucky! Although, I didn't mean to sound as if I get pinch everyday all year round either. Just had a few cases where the crabs got the best of me. I also try to hold them well enough so I don't drop them. For example I dont pick them up using my thumb and index fingers alone, I use my whole hand to scoop them up.

I use just plain ol' playsand I get from Toy r Us. The lighthouse brand (all 50 lbs of it in the 10gal) and I wet it down with salt water that was boiled and cooled.

10. Wow! She's beauty-ful!

:D

11. Beetlebug

Beetlebug Guest

so pretty!!!!!!!

12. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Thank you :huggies:

13. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

She looks great! Cinna-bun is such a cute name for a straw! Congrats! :hermez2:

14. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Wooo Hooo! Congrats on the successful straw molt! She looks wonderful, Dawling!!!! :straw:

15. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Awww, thanks guys! :airkiss:

16. iluvhermies

iluvhermies Guest

:woohoo: Congrats on the molt. She is gorgeous. We never have straws at any of the pet stores here. I have been told all of mine are PP's but I think I have other species. Next bath time I am looking really close I have been studying characterists of each more in depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.