1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surgery pretty cool!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Oct 14, 2011.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

sitting here typing one handed, surgery lasted about 4 hours for my rotary cuff i have 4 screws and rope in my shoulder! i had block done on my arm for pain, they numbed my neck with a shot, then put a tube down my vein for numbing meds, my arm jumped like a fish out of water. i got to watch it on a sonogram. then it was numb and didn't feel any pain any more! NICE! all dead weight. came out my throat sore from the air tube, drank water ate some stale crackers and wanted to leave, get to walmart buy me more 5x shirts to over my sling i can't take off till wed, my other pain pills, don't know if it was the i.v. or what but i have had to potty so much! so far i feel pretty good was taking 2 pain pills tried just one, but 1 isn't cutting it. nappy time again folks

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:hermez2: :hermez2:  Woo-Hoo!!  So very glad things worked out well so far.  I know you are sooo happy to finally be rid of some of the pain.  :hug2:

3. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Glad to hear it went well! Get some rest and get better soon  :hug2:

4. scoobdoo

rest? what is rest? I have slept in a recliner chair since Sat, I was doing good in a bed then my sis in law said gee I don't see how you do it, the people I take care of sleep up right, they can't put pressure on their shoulder... she jinxed me! so now I sleep in my chair and from 11 to 12 or so the crabs are up making noise and again around 4 or 5 a.m. they are up scratching the glass, climbing on stuff, the cat is up making it known he is hungry to and if do not get off your butt and feed him then anything that is paper or can chewed on he will do it until you get up, seething mad steam rolling out of your ears and he will run to his food bowl and do the pity cry. then the hubby has to get up make coffee, I can't stand the smell of it anymore, makes me sick. he yawns a gazillion times making noises when he does & does the man scratching, then shower, walk around before he leaves to go work. if i do go back to sleep then he wakes me up to ask me if i'm ok , so i have to sleep most of my morning away, i want to go back to work at the library, just scanning books in and checking them out.. can't put them away beding pulls and makes it hurt, tired of being tired

5. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

Hi Scoobdo, sorry you're in pain and sorry this is so late, my mother in law died last week and I was so busy.

Hopefully by now you're doing better and its all downhill from here!

Debbie

6. scoobdoo

sorry for your loss, My uncle died the Sunday before my surgey, so I got to go to his visitation and funeral.. he had a major blood clot in his brain and was unresponsive, we knew he wasn't coming out of it and my biggest fear was not being at the visitation and things. i can take my arm out now for some time to move it around, i can shower now!, i shaved my arm pits today, laugh if you will but untill you can't move your arm out to the side & it's still so weak, it takes alot out of you.lol! but ya getting better, still sleeping in a chair, tried the bed propped up but in an hr i was scrunched down and hurting.

7. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

My mother had that surgery several years ago, (she died 5 years ago) and she went thru therapy that helped her. I tool a while, like you, to get her strength back. I know its hard but the body has its own healing time and sometimes, thats what it takes...time. You sound like me, the older I get the less patience I have with myself especially.

Here's hoping time speeds up for your and your arm!!!!!

:straw:

Debbie

8. scoobdoo

if i had my way i wouldn't have this dang sling on at all, hurts more to have it on..i leave it off for hours move my arm around, i'm supposed to any way, but put it back on