1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supplies for a 90 gal? Help please!!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by lovelylivelycrabs, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

So basically I'm upgrading to a 90 gallon (woo!!) and I need to make a list of supplies that I'll need so I can figure out a budget.

So far I have:

• Desert UTH
    • Thermostat
    • Heat bulb (if necessary)
    • Light bulbs
    • Light/Heat fixture
    • Timer
    • Hideys
    • Hemp (to make nets)
    • Water dishes deep enough for crabs to submerge
    • Shells!
    • Lots of EE (I prefer it over sand)
    • Fountain
    • Plastic plants
    • Suction cups with plastic hooks
    • Suction cup soap dishes
    • Moss
    • Reliable (probably digital) gauges
    • Food dishes (I might use the water ones I have now for food)
    • Plexiglass divider (maybe)
    • Stand for tank (when I can afford it- right now I'm using cinderblocks :p)
    • Tubing (maybe)
    • Airstones (maybe)
    • Tank decorations/ Hideys (I was thinking this big aquarium sunken ship or maybe a reef)
    • Rock background (Maybe, kind of expensive though <$100> not including shipping)
    • Food from Addiction
    • More hermies!!

I think that's it, but if anyone can think of anything else, I would love the input!
    :) I'm thrilled to be getting a new tank, but the supplies are going to be more expensive than the tank itself!!
    :eek:

Do you think I need both an UTH AND a heating bulb? The exo terra desert heating pad isn't available at my local petco and also it looks a little unsafe, it says the substrate over it will be dry (I don't know whether that means it evaporates all the water or it needs the substrate to be dry to begin with?)... but I guess if I use a thermostat, I could control the heat?

Just wondering: How/Where did you get your supplies, especially UTH's, thermostats, and timers?

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Thermostat I bought online; they're much cheaper now than when I bought them. :( Timer power strip I got at Petsmart the last time I was there. Most of my other stuff I buy in stores, like my bubbler setup and decorations. There isn't any EE available around my area, so I'm going to be buying that online, probably at amazon.com as I have a gift certificate there.

3. rugh1982

rugh1982 "First Molt In Progress"

check out eBay, i buy all my fish tank supplies there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.