1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestions for new hood & lights

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by alliswell777, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

hey guys. ill be getting a nice tank soon, & i wanted some thoughts on a hood/light set up. should i get a glass lid (hinged) & then just find a good light to set ontop of it for heating & such? will the heat damage the "hinge"? id love to find a hood that had a switch for my moonglo, & a switch for my dayglo. my cheesy hood that i have now, has one switch for both lights. i have to unscrew one bulb, & screwin the other- and visaversa. (does that sound lazy????) haha! i was searching the fotos here so i didnt have to bother folks with a request for specific fotos- but i didnt find particular pictures with hoods or lids. does anyone prefer a one piece lighted hood, over the glass hinged top & lightfixture combination? im not going for clamp lights. the new setup will be in my dining area, & i want it to look as nice as possible. any suggestions, my fellow crabbits?? thanks!! :rockz:

2. StLCrab

StLCrab (Micro Crab)

3. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Boy Carrie really purked you up didnt she. Good job Carrie!

5. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

yes trixie, my carrie got me turned back around. after rugbii died, i really felt like i was nose-down on a dirt road. when i saw carrie in that water dish that day... i couldnt believe it!!! i got excited all over again! my carrie, whatta trooper :) i am really looking forward to a new, bigger tank. im checking out the classifieds regularly for a good one. to everyone that posted info on the hood & lights...MUCHAS GRACIAS, COMPADRES!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.