1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strawberrys

Discussion in 'Species Identification - Identify Your Hermit Crab' started by jissxc, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgbenson

kgbenson (Micro Crab)

Governments can restrict the collection and movement of animals any time they desire regardless of the species status as endangered or not. For example - Koalas are not endangered, but they have some of the most restrictive policies protecting them. The reason I have seen listed is that their numbers were declining - this does not automatically confer an endangered status to the species.

The term gets thrown about but I can find no reference to perlatus being endangered. Does anyone have any documentation? I have already checked the ICUN Redbook and none of the coenobita are listed, perhaps there is a regional designation by one of the Australian States?

Keith

2. jissxc

jissxc (Micro Crab)

its in south australia

3. kgbenson

kgbenson (Micro Crab)

I guess I am wondering if there is anything official on this. People keep saying it, but no one has posted a link to anything official.

I also was under the impression that there are no coenobita in South Australia.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.