1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strawberry crabs

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by thehermitshack, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehermitshack

thehermitshack "Never Molted"

Well we had strawberry crabs listed in our store but it was cancelled by ebay. Really sucks. We are in process of moving to a new outlet. For now we do have Straws in stock. If anyone is interested please email us with how many and we can let you know.

[​IMG]

2. thehermitshack

Forgot to add that all our other products will be available the same way until further notice of our move. We apoligise for any problems this may cause.

3. cpcmember2000

cpcmember2000 Hi, I'm New Here!

So is it illegal to sell the crabs on there? I bought my 6 off e-bay from this one person and that is all he seems to sell.

4. thehermitshack

Well we have a problem because we use ebay stores as our main website. Alot of people feel like hermit crabs should not be sold on ebay which they are correct because alot of people are shipping them priority mail and etc. Someone notified ebay and they pulled our crabs off. We are in a process of moving everything to a new website that we do not have to worry about this happening. We know for a fact it was somebody notifing ebay. We will let everyone know when the new site is up.

5. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] Well thats a real bummer Eric, please do keep us posted as to when the new site is up and runnin.. [​IMG]

6. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Unbelievable! I notified ebay a while ago about a certain seller that is shipping crabs priority mail and he has not been reprimanded-in fact I keep seeing new auctions by this guy!

Ebay policy clearly states that "live fish" (which is the category the crabs fall under) are to be shipped using next day delivery.

I'd be very interested to know why they have not been stopped, but someone like yourself (who we all know is a reputable seller) is being targeted.

For the record, I do not have any problem with someone using ebay as a medium to sell Live Hermies. I simply want anyone doing so to follow the rules that all sellers must follow. In my early days of selling, I admit that I did not read the entire policy regarding selling...I learned the hard way what was prohibited when I had a few listings terminated and was warned about the offense. It was nothing major or sneeky on my part, I was simply listing items the way I had seen other people list them. Anyone who knows me or has purchased items from me, knows that I am very honest. I don't have it in me to be intentionally corrupt.

I have also found listings that are not in the adult section of ebay, but they have profanity in the auction title. Words I certainly do not think should be seen by just anyone searching ebay. I was looking for something completely unrelated to the big word (a scepter for a halloween costume) and happened upon the titles by accident. I then typed that word into the search engine for ebay and was amazed at how many listings there were. I complained, but the listings were never removed and still continue to this day.

I wonder why some sellers seem to be exempt from these rules...??? I also wonder why the only two times I have complained-I have been ignored.

Sorry this has happened to you, Eric. Let us know where we can find your hermies when you get everything set up! I am behind you 100%. I have never received anything but the best quality items and service from your store.

7. thehermitshack

Hi Wendy thank you for the kind words. We agree with you 100 percent about people selling crabs on ebay. It just like you said people are still selling them and what really hurts is they are being shipped the wrong way. The problem or mistake we did was we used our ebay store as our main web site so we have to follow ebays rules. As we speak we are working on our new store. Nothing fancy but it will do. The address will be the same www.thehermitshack.com. We will still be running auctions just not as many. Thanks again.

8. Aviate

Aviate "Never Molted"

I emailed ebay so many complaints, and they never even had the decency to answer me. It was awful. The last guy that was selling hermit crabs didnt even know WHAT he was selling. Many crabbers emailed ebay to no avail.

9. Aviate

Aviate "Never Molted"

Eric, did ebay decide they were no longer allowing the sale of hermit crabs? I just reread your post...
    Well, it is good youre selling OFF ebay. Dont worry about it. You will do fine without their terrible, random rules.
    Your straws are beautiful!

10. Aviate

Aviate "Never Molted"

sorry to add this after the fact, but i searched on ebay and saw theyre still allowing the sale of live land hermit crabs.. I wonder why they cancelled your straw auctions?

11. thehermitshack

Hi Aviate we received an email from ebay and they said the ad was pulled by mistake and they reinstated the ad. Without a doubt somebody notified ebay and they pulled it off within a hour or so of listing it. We are still working on our off ebay site to avoid all this. Thanks again.

12. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

It's ashame what some people will do to make money, such as selling animals that they have no idea about, or how to go about handling them. Let us know when your new site is up! And I'm sorry you had to go through that with eBay.

13. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Eric,
    Your listing on ebay looks great! Golfball size? Hmmm....that is a nice size. From the pic, they seem to have nice "juicy, ripe" coloring. [​IMG]

14. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kuplakrabs:
    From the pic, they seem to have nice "juicy, ripe" coloring. [​IMG] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMBO!! Kupla thats to funny. [​IMG] [​IMG] Yes they do have awsome color dont they.. [​IMG] Here that Eric you have juicy ripe crabbies.. LOL!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.