1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strawberries?

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by marleyfish, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

srawberries? blueberries? pink indo's? i want to add one or more of these to my collection but don't know the requirements for them. what i really want is strawberries but could they go in the tank with my pps and eccie?

2. Frostfire

Frostfire "Never Molted"

Strawberries work well with PPs and Es. Just be sure that the humidity and temperature are very stable at 80-85 temp/humid. and that they have a nice big salt pool. Straws are a very fragile species (although I've heard blueberries are even harder) and should be saved for the experienced crabber with a stable crabitat. I would suggest trying them if you feel ready.

I speak only from what I have read and heard, I myself have not yet allowed myself to par take in the ownership of this lovely species, nor any other exotic. Someday perhaps:)

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Yes Strawberries are very fragile. A very experienced crabber on this site use to have them but even her ability could not keep them alive and swore would never get them again.

4. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I have PPs, Es, Blues, and Straws and I keep the humidity and temp around 80, I don't have a problem with mine though, sometimes the humidity drops if I keep the light on too long and not to mention they arrived in 20 degree weather when it was snowing and all of them lived. They're not as fragile as people say they are. Just make sure you have a pool that straws can fully submerge in. Mine goes for baths everyday and eats a lot too.
    If you want blues, mine likes hamburg for some reason.

5. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

the only thing is that i want at least two but i already have six crabs in a 20 gal tank. how big of a tank should i have for that many crabs? i also need a speices buddy for my eccie

6. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

you should have at least 3to5 gal. for each crab.

7. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:think: hmmmm...... Sounds like there's going to be a new tank in your future. :biglaugh:

8. Galant409VR4

Galant409VR4 Hi, I'm New Here!

Ya The girlfriend got a large strawberry when we first started crabing and ir freeked me out because I was not ready for her. But I just upgraded to an 29G and got a big salt pool and keep the temp/humid up in the tank and she's the most active crab in the tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.