1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange name change...

Discussion in 'Site Questions' started by RFcrabs, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

I used the quote function in Jasso's post...said hi nice to see you again, and then noticed the name was different so I edited the "nice to see you out"...I am swearing on a stack of bibles that I did not type that name??? so how did jasso's name change?? When I typed the name, I am not so sure that I typed jasso, but I thought I did, but when I hit post, it changed it to this: this is cut from the original thread:

The name of my game is Research!

s_latell@hotmail.com hermiesarebeautiful
    View Profile WWW Personal Message (Online)
    Re: question on jelly legs
    « Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 08:02:47 PM » Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
    Quote from: jbutto on December 23, 2005, 08:06:17 AM
    The jell limb usually shows up before it starts to molt and continues to grow during the molt. So it usually only takes one molt to grow it back all the way. The two biggest reasons for the legs to deform are too much humidity when it molts, or lack of calcium for its exo. Are you sure the substrate isnt pooling water at the bottom?

Hey jbutto ...I am not sure I understand what you mean about leg deformities...humidity as far as I know has no bearing on deformity. Calcium does impact exo formation, but it is actually their whole diet and exposure to light that will influence their molt and absorbtion of calcium. True deformity will occur due to toxic exposure to heavy metals or poisons. So are you maybe confusing too high humidity with the possibility of contracting a virus?

the name is amusing, but I did NOT invent it (sorry jasso)...so thats my story and I am sticking to it! :D

2. jasso

jasso Guest

I think i just found a reason why.  In the 20 Questions post, I tried to put in "Here's a classic one."  but it came out as "Here's a clbuttic one."  If you notice, its replacing a certain string of three letters with "butt," whenever it finds it.  So I think that a word filter is the culprit.

EDIT: yeah, it is funny none the less ;D

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Yeah I was messing with the filter and tried this where it has replace a word with... So I replaced a$$ with butt. So thats why you see Jbutto instead of Jasso..I'm learning people!! LMBO!! :p

4. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

heehee...thats what I thought...but it was so silly of me to edit my post...at first I thought I had mistaken the person...so, hey jasso, nice to see you again!

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Nah...if there's a glitch it's safe to assume I'm touching something LOL

6. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Lol Vicki. We'll all stay patient with you here ;)

7. Matt

Matt Guest

Yea, I agree with Amie, we cant rush you, this is a time for learning for you. We must aide you in the learning process in any way possible.

8. Shadow

Shadow Guest

Yes, stupid word filters provide endless amounts of entertainment lol. I've been to a few forums that have the strangest filters, and I can't type a full paragraph without getting half my words changed.  ::)

9. Matt

Matt Guest

You can never go wrong with forum filters.

On the Steam forums, everytime you said the 'R' word it came out like this TIMMEH!

The filters on the Steam forums have changed, they just give you red ? ? ? whenever you cuss!

10. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

Jbutto! LMAO

Sorry, Jasso, but it's funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.