1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storing food.

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Chuck_Norris, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

Right now, I have a ton of the food from Vckum's store, all still in the original ziplock baggies, and then the little jars (which, when I made my order this morning, there were none available... *sigh*). I have them in a small steralite bin. Is there a better way to store this food? I don't really mind the way that it is now... I don't mind rooting through the bin to find what I'm looking for, but I was just wondering how other people store their food. :)

2. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

I have mine still in the little baggies that Vicki sent them in-all in a brown gift bag that she mailed them in!!! Good question, though! Is there a better way that we should be storing it?

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Many things can be stored in the freezer.

I got a plastic case that's meant to be used for putting in nails, screws, things like that. It holds the small packets easily. Sometimes I'll use the larger drawers to store things that are similar. One drawer has all the treats in it, another all the 'sick' foods. It's really helps me to be organized and not have to schlep through a basket, as I was doing before.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

For personal use I use the rolling bin carts. And seperate it like Hildegarde does. That way everythings right where I need it.

Sorry about the jars. I will be getting more soon!

5. dgh_1984

dgh_1984 (Micro Crab)

I keep all of mine in a square basket, but it is a pain to try and find what I am looking for. I need to organize it.

6. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

I always try to keep my foods cool or cold (even the dry, loose stuff) and in a dark place so that it lasts longer and the quality of the nutrients are preserved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.