1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stores in michigan???

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by erinnn OMG, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erinnn OMG

erinnn OMG Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm planning on getting some new supplies and new crabbys... but the only store i know of has a small, overly priced selection

any one have any good stores in Michigan i should check out?

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Are you near a major city or out i the boondocks, so to speak? Most people on this website favor "mom and pop" shops, even if they are pricey....Petco and Petsmart usually have a few more supplies. Also, check out Vicki's -Hermit Crab Addiction Store... she has some kits available that contain the right supplies and they are reasonably priced. She has a thread running right now about her kits and other fabulous products. Online shopping could save you a ton of money and offer great variety.
    What type of supplies are you looking for? Sometimes you can improvise with things from Walmart and the hardware store. Lots of us do that...just let us know what you need and see what ideas we can come up with for you. It will help greatly to know if you are in an urban or rural area?

3. erinnn OMG

I live in a really populated area (near Detroit)

I have most of the supplies i need like feeding supplies, a cage, sand, heating and humidity type materials and toys and such. i just need a place to find good, healthy crabs and maybe if theres something i'm missing or find a good idea to purchase.

4. hermie 5

hermie 5 "Preparing For First Molt"

I live in Michigan as well, it's hard to find healthy crab this time of year, because they don't ship them here in the winter. The healthest crabs I have found was at Petland at m59 and Mound rd in the Walmart shopping plaza. They don't have very good supplies though. I think Petco is the best for supplies. I bought 2 little e's at that Petland and they are VERY active, but I hear that they are more active than PP's. Where in Michigan do you live? I live in Rochester Hills.

5. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Here's a good place. thecrabbagepatch.com They ship crabs through the mail but they won't start that again until spring. They use overnight delivery and treat the crabs quite humanely.

6. erinnn OMG

hermie 5, i live in the birmingham/beverly hills area (smallish place, i hope you have heard of it so you know what im talking about) its about a half hour away from where you are. unfortunaly 30 minutes is quite the commute and i dont think my mom would be to thrilled to take me that far =\

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  7. hermie 5

hermie 5 "Preparing For First Molt"

I grew up in Birmingham and graduated from Seaholm so I know exactly where you live. I think I would order from Vicki when the weather breaks. Do you have a petco near you? They will be getting them in soon. They keep the crabs in better conditions than petsmart. I would call around a find out when their expecting crabs and buy them as soon as they arrive so that they are not in bad conditions for too long at the store.

8. erinnn OMG

awesome! my dad went there too.
    theres a petco in a shopping mall alittle ways away. we go all the time. ill call and ask.

9. wachfuleyez

wachfuleyez "Never Molted"

I went to a petsmart here in NJ I was not please with their selection let alone the condition of the pets it seems they only care about the dogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.