1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop petsmart cruelty

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by xAizaOnigirix, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

YouTube - PETA: PetSmart Pet Providers & Animal Cruelty

Hermies may not be mentioned, but if these animals which are typically valued higher than sea and beach creatures, just imagine what petsmarts that get hermies do.

If you want to help me and others stop this, please, sign this-

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA): The animal rights organization

and or call- 1-800-738-1385, extension 2518 and request they stop selling animals because of the cruel conditions and that you will not but from petsmart if this continues. If i can do it, who feels uncomfortable talking on the phone even with friends and is mortified of strangers, you can, too! (if you're worried about a bad reaction, don't be. The people that answer the phone don't really care about petsmart or what you have to say, but they are forced to take your message and send it out. Make sure you hear them typing, if not, request that they write out the message. But they're nice and do not get defensive at all as long as you're polite.)

If you're worried about losing your animal/hermie provider because of this, just think- is thousands, even millions or more of innocent lives of all kinds worth the convience of a close-by shop for your unnecessary needs? i think if anyone wants to call themselves and animal/hermie lover, you should be willing to save as many lives as possible. Instead of getting animals from a place like petsmart where the more you buy the more they torture, choose shelters and pounds- where no matter what, the influx of poor animals will not change whether you go there or not, and these animals are killed if not bought, and and another note, are usually cheaper.

I do not wish this to be upsetting to anyone by thinking i am attacking them. I just want to help, and i think you guys do, too. Oh, be careful with the video, it may make you sick.

P.S.- i know many people are PETA-haters because PETA can be too extreme. I agree. But not everyone dresses up as chickens and shoves pies in Ronald McDonald's face. Take a peaceful approch that makes an effective statement to the people that does not give a bad name. If you have to run away from what you're doing, it's not the right thing.

Thank you, fellow animal and hermie lovers. All those without a voice thank you, too. I apologize if this is not posted properly in the right place or whatever =/ i didn't mean it.

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

There are some heartless people out there!!! But they do not have to take out their anger/frustration on those poor hermies!!!

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I hate petsmart. I signed the thing but geez, that sell animals like they are OBJECTS not living animal.:mad:

4. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Petco's hermit crabs aren't so good, either! They are missing segments of their legs, or just the whole leg! But at least the conditions they are kept in are suitable.

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yeah. My petco is better than my petsmart.

6. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I think you are the best for doing this!!!! I haven't purchased any from petsmart but i hear they are horribel!!!! I just watched the video now i want to curl up and cry and i think i'm going to do it.

7. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Most petco stores are good, better than most in my opinion they could have gotten the crab already missing legs

8. xAizaOnigirix

I agree, cococrisp. It's one thing to sell animals to help them find loving homes, and another to sell them to make an extra buck. :mad:

Plus, it's not like petsmart's business depends on selling these poor animals (which is probably why they are so abused!) so even if it might hurt their business, it doesn't mean it will be the end for them, like it would be for stores oriented around the sell of animals themselves (like a lot of pet stores in malls.)

it's just so sickening.... and i don't know why it's necessary :(

9. xAizaOnigirix

unfortunately, my record isn't as clean =/ i went and spent all my b-day money (and then some of my parents') to get proper care for my new hermies for the winter there. then the NEXT DAY i see this. I would have asked to take a longer ride somewhere else if i had known.... :(

10. xAizaOnigirix

I'll look into it! i might go for a ride with my friend (who is the only current hermie-owner i know personally, and we bought our first ones together) and check out the only one i can get to, because it's in the same city my school is in (and my parents won't go on the highway just to check it out, you know?) So i'll see how the conditions are around my state, although it's hard to find them if you don't live by the tourist areas or the shore. I bought mine on an island in New Jersey, and i didn't realize until after that out of my three crabs one had a missing feeding claw and one had a missing large claw. They do surprisingly well, but looking back at all ther hermies in different stores i saw... i only realize now that their conditions were disgusting, but i couldn't see in my ignorance. (I only saw them in wire mesh cages, so low humidity, all of them but the babies [which were the kind i got] were in painted shells, and even the lady that sold them to me told me some false info.) I wish i could change them all! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.