1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

staying logged in?

Discussion in 'Site Questions' started by frenchpea2002, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. when signing in, I check the box that says "always stay logged in" but then if I come back in a few hours, I'm no longer logged in... Is this just me? ???

2. Shadow

Shadow Guest

Have the problem at the Hub, but surprisingly not here... I dunno?  ??? (Unless I wipe the cookies)

3. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I have big problems with that at the hub. It won't even keep me logged in from the time I click on a forum till I click on a topic. Here I have to sign in maybe once a day even though I click stay signed in forever. It's not as bad as at the hub though....lol

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

hmm I haven't had a problem at either site. I'm sorry, I'll look into it

5. Matt

Matt Guest

Nor have I. When I go to the site, I am not logged in, when I click home, I get logged in, try that.

6. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I thought the site says you can only stay logged on 60 minutes???????? That is what it says to me when I log in? Why the restriction?

7. LolaGranola

LolaGranola Guest

Does it say 60 min or can you change that in the text window? Lemme scramble up a screen shot.

8. LolaGranola

LolaGranola Guest

Okay, this is what you should be seeing.

[​IMG]

You can change the number of minutes or you can just check the box.

9. Astinus

Astinus Guest

I too have the Problem,If I log off my Browser..I have to "Log In" I check the Box. I even tried to set the "60" to 999 and still no good, I am Using Mozilla Firefox.

10. yeah, I see that, and I've done both 9999 for minutes or checked the box, but it doens't work. I'm also using firefox. I wonder if that is it...

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

well I am an idiot I never knew you could change it :-[

12. vckums

vckums Moderator

I use IE on here but use firefox for the hub, and I haven't had a problem staying logged in...Have you guys tried clearing your cache?(don't ask, I tried it and it worked once) LOL

13. ok, it's working for me now, more or less. when I enter the site, it shows the log-in screen, but if i just click "home" at the top, it takes me to the index and I'm logged in, so that's just one extra click...I think I can handle that! ;)

14. vckums

vckums Moderator

*hugs* I luv ya for that!

15. Matt

Matt Guest

Thats what I do. I just click home and I am in.

16. putertutor

putertutor Guest

This does seem to be an issue with the cookies set by the site. I have made some changes to the site settings, but you will need to clear your cookies on your machine.

You can clear just the hermitcrabaddiction cookies in Firefox by clicking Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > View Cookies. Scroll down until you see hermitcrabaddiction.com and select the folder. Click Remove Cookies. This way you will only clear the cookies for this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.