1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special effects? NOPE!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by *Kathy*, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

I wasn't trying to get special effects when I was photographing my newest TINY micro....but darn if these pics don't look like it!  "Chip" (so named for the  large chip out of the front of his shell) was sitting on some coral with his little nose pressed against the glass.  Since there was a bit of condensation, and sand particles left by some other hermies, the pictures came out looking, well, weird!  Had to share ~~~

Chip ~
    [img width=800 height=630]http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/6705/chip23wn.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]

And a normal shot of chip which shows how very tiny he is~
    "HEY!  Who ate all of the silversides?!?!?!?!"
    [img width=800 height=581]http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/812/ccrabs00052sg.jpg[/img]

2. aside from the ants, where do you get all the micro crabs??? They never have anything really small here! :angry4:

3. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

The ONLY place locally that I have been able to find micros is Petco. They have both the LARGEST & smallest in the area. Last week, I saw a JUMBO ruggie for the very first time. He was nearly as large as my first! I have never seen one even close in size to that one! And they had a bunch of micro PP's. I brought home 4 of the micros. One of them died 12 hours later of PPS. Another one is now in the ant tank because she is so tiny. The other two are both in the 55-gal with the big boys. Both have dug down to the bottom & I see one is already in the process of molting. The other one may just be destressing.

4. wow, my petcos have nothing of the sort. Where are you from again? I may have to drive out there and get that jumbo ruggie! I'm in love just hearing about him! :love10: He'd go great with my big guys...

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

That is cool Kathy!!!!!! Chip is too irresistible! :love2:

6. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Once again, awesome pics Kathy!

7. Matt

Matt Guest

The first two look like hes underwater and there are chunks of ice floating on the surface of the ice, very cool. And congratz on your new crabs and sorry to hear about your new PP.

8. eroxxgurl

eroxxgurl Guest

hes sooo cute

9. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

Sweeeeeet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.