1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Faxes.

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Matt, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Guest

We have a fax machine hooked up to the LAN line, and we have Smart Ring, so that when someone sends a fax, it rings two quick bursts instead of one. Anyway, every since we got the Smart Ring put on, we've been getting faxes, upon faxes, upon faxes. We dont answer them anymore, after the first 2 we gave up, and now we just let them ring unless we know we're expecting a fax. I honestly think Telus sold our number to companies after we got smart ring.
    We only actually picked up 2 faxes from it, one was for a Lawnmower/Appliance repair company and the other was for an "erotic botique" as they said.

Anyone else with this problem?

2. Angelfaery

Angelfaery Guest

Ya we get spam faxes all the time at work. It is soooo annoying!!! It can be just as bad as email spam. :BangHead:

3. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I would think it would be MUCH more annoying or way worse than email. Now they are using resources you have to pay for such as ink/toner and paper. Man, that would piss me off! :angry4:

4. Angelfaery

Angelfaery Guest

5. Matt

Matt Guest

Foiled by my area code, stupid area code, making it so I cant register on the Do Not Call Registry. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.