As a kid we used to eat the sourgrass stems. And right now here in California they are all over the place. I got to thinking if the crabs could eat the flower part. I think they'd pass on the stems as they are extremely sour. I did a wiki search and came across the ones here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxalis_pes-caprae What stood out to me was this part. "It is often called by the common name sourgrass or soursob due to its pleasant sour flavor. This sourness is caused by oxalic acid, which is toxic in large quantities and may contribute to kidney stones." (side note, thanks Mom for letting me eat these as a kid. UGH) Has anyone tried just the flowers? Any input is greatly appreciated.