1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOS HELP HERMIE

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by hermie123, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermie123

hermie123 "Never Molted"

I found a hermit in my tank that molted and I panicked and threw away the exoskeleton, I thoguht it was dea because it was a creepy sight and then I un did a paper clip and cleaned the debris out of the shell, noticed an arm in there An I think it was dead so I poked at it. And the some black stuff came otu, it think it was poo so I grew the poo in the trash. Then I realize the crab was alive, will it live?!?!?!?! I'm not sure!!! I need help, I buried it again because I. Read that crabs are vulnerable in attack inthis stage. Help!!!!!

2. hermie123

hermie123 "Never Molted"

My hermit got attaked by his fellow mate. I thought they were freisns:( all was left was a arm/claw

3. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

You shouldn't burry him. When they bury they make a little air pocket around them so that they have breathing room. If you just pack EE over him, he might just suffocate. Just put him in a hidey and leave him be. Add some eggshell in there for calcium, since you don't have the exo anymore. That would be your best bet.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.