1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooooo frustrating!!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by cloie74, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

I lost a crab last night (Poke) see RIP section. and today another started dropping legs! Now these 2 I have been worried about since we got them. We got all our crabs together for the most part so there was no need to ISO
    The one dropping legs dropped the BP and 2 others within the last 3 or so hours, I know he is going to die. They were just never really active even though i did everything that everyone told me about destressing and tat set up. I HAVE been having some issues with temp in the tak dropping at night for a couple days It has become fall pretty quick around here! , I fixed that now with another heat lamp in the tank lid also i got a new more accurate Temp and humidity gauge. They have fresh food always, fresh dechlor water and salt water always, I have 1 down molting (I hope he is anyway) and 5 others that are climbing the cholla and nets and look really happy and healthy.
    We have only had them all a little over a month, is it possible that they were just too stressed to survive? Was it coming eventually anyway or am i missing something and inadvertently killing these poor creatures???

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

I'm very sorry about your hermie, Poke. . . I'm sure he had a wonderful life living with you. . .

3. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

The cause of your hermies losing legs may be stress or PPS. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.