1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of my hermies...

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by *Kathy*, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi gang,

Since I am new here, I thought I'd post a few pics of some of my hermies. I have a total of 43, so of course, these aren't the whole colony!

This is Cherry....a rare VERY red rug. She is the color of a Maraschino Cherry!
    [​IMG]

My Indo, Indigo...
    [​IMG]

My very blue rug, Sapphire...
    [​IMG]

My littlest Straw, Holly....
    [​IMG]

2. ThreeDaisy

ThreeDaisy (Micro Crab)

BEAUTIFUL BABIES. I love the strawberries. I don't find strawberries here in Oregon. :rolleyes: But I hear they are harder to care for. Your babies are beautiful.

3. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

They are just beautiful. Congratulations on having the knowledge and instinct to care for them so incredibly. I was wondering if you could possibly tell me what you feed them.

4. reader101

reader101 Banned

I'd be interested in learning more about distinguishing species, as your pics show such a wide variation even between species. I would have thought Cherry was a straw, but your pics tell differently.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Daethian from CSJ worked on a species ID test. It's very good.

6. reader101

reader101 Banned

Thanks - will check it out. Do you have to be a member?

7. dancinhermielover

dancinhermielover (Micro Crab)

WOW! They are absolutely beautiful! I would have thought that Cherry was a Straw, but she is beautiful! I have never seen a blue crab before! Sapphire, Indigo, and Holly are also very pretty. :) Where did you get them from?

8. reader101

reader101 Banned

Can you tell me if either Cherry or Holly have very red eyes? I'm questioning the species of a newcomer (or two) who don't quite fit the description of pper's. I haven't as yet actually examined eye stalks, etc. close up so as to not stress them, but the bright red, shiny eyes of the largest and strongest of the two have really thrown me off. I have other pper's, but the color is so strong in deep reds, I'm confused.
    :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.