1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some easy food questions!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by xAizaOnigirix, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

Thanks, i'm sure you guys know, since you feed them this stuff!

First- Dandelions. They like them, but what kind to feed them? Yellow, white and puffy, dried, the root, the whole thing... i don't want to be careless and just throw some in there.

Rice- Brown, right? Cooked or uncooked? where can i get this?

Also, i hear people grow some foods in their tanks. Is there any foods i can grow (they're PPs) in a sand-coconut soil substrate?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. vckums

vckums Moderator

The yellow dandelion, stem and roots. I've never tried to the puffy part. Make sure no pesticides were put on the area where you get them.

Brown or wild rices are better then white. You can smash the dry rice or cook it in dechlorinated water. If you have a Whole Foods store, or a store that sells items in bulk would probably have it cheap. That way you can determine how much you want to buy.

You can grow flowers, sprouts and some grasses. There's a safe list here and on www.epicurean-hermit.com
    Off hand there's Chia seeds, dandelion, wheatgrass, red clover, mung bean....

3. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

Wow Vicki, thanks! i was hoping you'd reply, since you're so knowledgeable!

By the way, i might actually be able to purchase some things in your store soon! I'm so happy! it's really difficult to find them food, and frustrating when i feel like i'm not satisfying them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.