1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, my throat is sore from screaming and crying.....

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Crabby1, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabby1

Crabby1 "Third Molt, A Success"

remember the new bedroom furniture I was getting, well, I got it and Spencer just colored on it with crayons....yep. :scream: :shhhh: :angry4: :tear: :tear: :tear: :tear:
    so, I sat there and screamed at him, which now I feel horrible for, and then bawled my eyes out for 10m before realizing I had some orange glow stuff, but I had tried it on my daughters furniture that they colored on and it didn't work....so I tried it anyway and I think I got it all off....but good grief I haven't had it 4 days....I think I need a drink.
    :wikikathy:

2. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Awww, hugs! My son RJ is famous for that too. I got new, fake leather (I wanted real leather, but these were half the price and I knew he'd ruin them anyway) couches over the summer and didn't even have them a week before he pulled one of the furniture tacks out and poked it in the top of the arm. Then he took another one and just scratched the heck out of the screen on my hubby's 65" TV. That was NOT a good day. Then I have a metal sleigh bed. We got metal cause we move every few years and the movers always break things. There's a patina on it and he colored all over my headboard. I used a magic eraser to get it off, but it also took the patina with it. I've come to the conclusion I can't have anything nice in my house. I swear kids just can't stand seeing anything new and perfect in their environments. I would REALLY like to be able to hear his thoughts sometimes. I bet it goes something like "I wonder if they'll catch it if I do this?" Hang in there chick, I feel your pain!

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

and I just got new living room furniture- the furn place tore it/and damaged the legs- the dogs have scratched the :shhhh: out of it and the recliner I found today has a tear in it so...................................its all of maybe 1 month old

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

This is why I don't buy new furniture. I always check craigslist for used. I'd beat my kid lol I got a $50 couch that has a cover on it. The cover ended up being a light beige and there's marks all over it. But that was the only cover the store had and I wanted one on the couch ASAP.

We bought a couch set when we first moved here. Mistake. Kids ruined some of it and then hubbys friend broke one end of it. 6'5" and over 400lbs. Until he moved out of here I didn't get a new couch. Wasn't taking the chance.

What about getting the washable crayons? Those are the only ones I allow in the house, my walls(the white ones) are covered in reg crayons. They got tossed and I bought washable. When we repaint the hallway Im getting the paint that can be scrubbed.

But to condense all this.....KIDS SUCK. :huggies:

5. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

My kid is insane good when it comes to furniture. He's really good to it. However carpets ... yeah that's a whole other story. I've got rugs galore to cover the stains on the carpet. Make up ... Koolaid ... marker ... You name it ...

6. Crabby1

:eek:mg: :whaaaat: :ruserious::hahahaha:

I know I certainly didn't start this thread to taught how to be a proper parent by a "kid" and Vicki was obviously kidding!!!!

no one said you had to read my post. ;D I will now :zipit:!!

btw...VICKI....my hubby says that "kids suck the life right out of ya"...lol!! :chuckle:

7. 5kittens

5kittens "Second Molt, A Success"

:kissflowers: Now, now no offense meant. :flower: :sunny: :huggies: I'm sorry that this disaster occured. ;) (crayon disastor of course) LOL I certainly can relate to how frustrated it must feel cause I have an orange tabby cat that acts like my mini child. He makes me so frustrated at him with all his badness. We can get something and he tears it up within two minutes. Grrrr! He's a bad cat!

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

I tried to quote the thread but its gone, not sure what happened.

As for talking to a child, each are different. Talking to my middle kid would work, the other 2 doesn't. Making them payback something when they are at an age where they can't get a job, pfffft. I've yelled at my kids, and it works. Do I yell all the time, no. But when it's warranted, like in Crabby1's situation, damn skippy I'm yelling.

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

No one has to zip it. Speak freely. Your hubby's comment is funny. I was talking to my hubby the other day and everything we do revolves around the kids and there's no time to be "us".

10. Crabby1

That is sooooooooooo true!! It's hard to find 10 seconds to be alone, let alone do anything alone :chuckle:

We "try" to go away for an overnighter at a resort on our anniversary every yr....thankfully his sister isn't married or have any children, so she looooves to baby sit....but last yr...the day we had reservations....I got the FLU!! :sick: Go Figure

Our whole life, mostly mine because hubby works 2 jobs, revolves around our kids. We love our kids, and try to be "good" parents....but I freaked when Spencer did that....literally....I wasn't even yelling at him as in punishment... I was just screaming "NO!!!" and in complete shock!! I also stated that I felt bad after I calmed down because I knew I shouldn't of reacted that way...but sometimes... :shhhh: happens!!
    I have never had anything "nice" in my life, and it was very, very difficult for me to purchase the furniture in the first place ( I had to get something though, because the other stuff was falling apart).....I have buyer's guilt when I buy something for myself......only to have it ruined in 4 days.....kwim?

I just meant that I was gonna :zipit: so I wouldn't say anything stupid I'd regret later!! I'm working on very little sleep and had to take Emma to the Dr. this morning....2 ear infections...nothing but fun!!

I guess you could relate it to how you'd feel if someone spilled red kool aid in your pretty new car! :eek:mg: :bat:

11. 5kittens

Would it work to have your stuff you don't want the kids to ruin in a kiddo off limits area?? Like under lock and key?? That's an idea! Like y'all have set alone times together when the kids know they can't come to their parents. You send them to their rooms or have them do something creative together and y'all go off together.

Yikes! This is an informative thread for both kids and parents. Shows me some stuff to be working on like giving Mommy and Daddy space. Heaven knows they need it. :rainbow:

12. vckums

vckums Moderator

Kids don't always listen. Hubby and I will try to have a conversation, and it's like a little buzzer goes off in their heads "Oh they want to talk/do soemthing without us let me/us go seek them out." We've honestly put off conversations until the kids bedtimes and sometimes it works and other times we forget. If it's something that needs to be discussed right that second, we send kids away. The youngest 99% of the time doesn't listen and comes back, then he gets yelled at.

Atleast you got someone to take the kids once in awhile. I used to, but not now. Hubbys mom offered and when hubby told me that he got a look like have you lost your mind!!!

But yes I totally understand your freak out moment. I've had them and not just with cars. *hugs*

13. Crabby1

Vicki....we lock ourselves in the bedroom and they sit outside the door or try to look under it, or bang on it and scream(that's what Spencer does)......lmao!! Some one always ends up crying, so it doesn't last long....it's not even worth trying most of the time!!
    My oldest calls it a "mommy and daddy private talk"....ya, right!
    We also wait 'til they are in bed, but sometimes we forget too...or we're so tired we fall asleep... :sleepy1: :sleepy1:

Sorry about you MIL.....we do get to go out about twice a month for dinner, so I guess we are lucky...although we haven't been out since the 21st of Feb!! :eeeek:

14. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Man, I hear you gals on the mommy/daddy talk time. I'll send RJ out of the room and he whines and keeps coming back in. We've already been laying in bed and whispering to each other about what we're buying him for Xmas, and he was in his bed, across the hall with both doors closed going "What are you guys whispering about?!" I know what you mean about not having anything nice, my old couches were totally falling apart, if you sat down too hard or bumped the one, two of the legs would fall off. I fixed it so many times that it just wasn't fixable anymore. The fabric was so natsy that nothing got it clean, so that's why I got fake leather. I figured it was wipable...lol. Now RJ has one of the back cushions ripping off from climbing up and sitting on the back. My Aunt sewed it the other month when she visited, but since it's vinyl, it's ripping again. I keep telling myself in 10 more years I can have nicer stuff...lol. I had totally forgotten, but before RJ's ADHD was diagnosed and he wasn't on meds, I had my orange '04 Mustang that was my other baby. I was out in the driveway washing it and he grabbed a metal broom handle out of the garage and started whacking it. He put a big dent in it right under the gas cap. Soemtimes I wonder how he's still alive. I honestly feel like ruining his favorite things when he's like that, to teach him a lesson, but I just can't be THAT mean. Anyway, I hope your furniture was cleanable and that he leaves it alone from now on. Little boys, I swear.... (Don't feel bad for yelling either, it's good he knows he upset you. When I yell like that, I take RJ aside after I calm down and tell him how sad he made me for ruining my stuff, how I don't have money to keep replacing everything so it has to last as long as possible, etc. Not like it works, but I feel like it's better than nothing)

15. ema

That totally wouldn't work for my kid. Since it's carpeted space he wouldn't be allowed on he'd be banned to the hallway! :hahahaha:

16. Crabby1

Amie.....I totally feel horrible after I've "lost it". But I do explain why I was so upset, but I also tell them that mommies and daddies are not perfect and we make mistakes too, and we get mad too, and we cry too....I think they get it, but who knows :dontknow:. WE are in the process of evaluating my oldest for ADHD and I tell ya...he can FREAK OUT big time!! He just goes crazy when he gets in trouble or if he feels embarassed. He's broken stuff and he hits himself....it's so sad! But on the other hand, it also can be extremely frustrating when you can't controll them at all...kwim?
    Anyway....thanks everyone....I certainly didn't think this thread would get so much attention....I just wanted to complain and maybe have some sympathy...for once!! (lord knows hubby doesn't give it to me)

:huggies: :blowheart: :banana: :banana: :banana:

17. vckums

vckums Moderator

This is the place to vent chickie. And you'll always get hugs and sympathy from us. We've all vented from time to time. Join the club :hug2:

18. 5kittens

:hug2: :huggies: :sunny: :flower:

19. ema

Yeah! We luff you Crabby! :blowheart:

20. Bloodberry

Bloodberry (Medium Crab)

Awww Crabby1... hey but you don't need to have kids to have your furniture and stuff ruined!!! My friends tend to do that work for me LOL!!! Yesterday one of my best friends came over and had a little too much wine and we were playing Rockband and she kept running into my glass coffee table... even though I had pushed it out of the way!!!! Oh and she managed to spill some wine on my carpet... And she kept pulling out the cables while we were playing... And while we were in Argentina she lost all my id's and credit cards... yeah she's a piece of work LOL!

Between her and my dog throwing tantrums when my parents are out of town I tell ya I don't need kids, I have my hands full LOL!!!! :kissflowers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.