1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I can learn from my mistake...

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by CrabbyCat, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabbyCat

CrabbyCat Hi, I'm New Here!

As I mentioned in the memorials, I lost Pluto. He was buried for almost 2 months, I finally got wooried last night and dug. He looked passed on (still in my tank...I hope to keep his shell)

HOw long does a small hermie stay buried for a molt? I'm still secind gussing digging him up....but he looked "gone"

Just want to learn from this mistake to make sure Sol, Castor, and Pollux thrive

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Small hermies molt for about a month. A week or two ago I thought Ocean was dead because she was in a weird position and was limp and unresponsive but she was really doing a surface molt! I put her in a box for the funeral because I thought she passed, but a couple of days ago I heard scratching noises coming from the box and she is really alive! She was in the box for about two weeks before we heard the scratchng. She's in isolation right now until her new exo hardens. You should put your hermie in ISO with food and fresh and salt water just in case he is still alive.

3. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

my hermie is still down and it is day 49 and she is still down. almost 2 months. i think she may be dead. i just hope i am wrong. i love her so much. when it gets to day 90 or if i smell something before that, she is going to be dug up. i tried the flashlight method when you shine it from the bottom. it didnt work. sigh... guys can you look at my thread molting emergency

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.