1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So devastated... lost 5!

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by AneesasMuse, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AneesasMuse

AneesasMuse Guest

I don't even know what to say ..I am so distraught!

I recently lost 5 of my 6 Crabby kids ..all three Straws and my two Rugs ...leaving me with the formidable PP rescue.

Not too long ago, the climate went from normal mild Bay Area weather to scorching hot and icky ...and no A/C in this old place.. so the ants moved in overnight and apparently decided to devour my crabs, 2 of my Crested geckos and were attacking one of my BP's, too!

We've been here for almost 3 years and the ants have been a force to contend with for the duration! I have all my vivs in water moats, as well as, using traps and bait where I can (I have to be careful not to jeopardize my other arachnids and various reptiles and furries). I clean all the surfaces with a vinegar solution. I use Boric Acid and Terro traps. I've tried cinnamon, tansy, white pepper.. and so on and so on. Nothing stopped them..

I'll miss you guys soooo much ..rest easy, Juicy Booty, Droopy Draw'rs, PeeWee, Niko and Bella...

"#%#$^&" misses you, too! :crybaby2:

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Wow that is devastating...........I am so sorry- do you think it was the ants or the temp changes? What is a BP that was getting eaten? :sad5:

3. neta

neta Moderator

omg i had no idea that could happen, with being in the UK
    im so sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.