1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

snowcones if it snows...?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by crazy4crabs, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

when the snow comes... if it is ever going to come... it is okay to get clean snow and a bit of organic orange blossom honey? it would be like a mini snowcone:).. until it melted:(

2. Shiya

Shiya "Never Molted"

I think this would really depend on where you live. For the same reason as there's acid rain, snow, even untrodden on snow, might not be truly "pure." It has all of the chemicals and things in it that're in the ozone. So, if you live in a cleaner place, like out in the country or a non-industrial city, then I'd say go for it. But if there're constant warnings about breathing hazards and things outside, then it's probably a definite no. Though, you could always make ice cubes out of dechlor water and put them through the blender to make "snow" and use that, instead, if you wanted to be sure of the quality of the snow involved. (( It's what the snow cone people do, after all. ))

Whatever you do, good luck, and tell us how it turns out!

3. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Hmmm. I have an ice shaver... Ill test it out soon and let ya know

4. crabbyclaws

crabbyclaws "Preparing For First Molt"

ohhhh i live in the country(ish) if it works i want to try it!(then the hermit crabs would be real canadiens, LOL:p )

5. jengstro

jengstro (Micro Crab)

Being as hermies are from a tropical climate, I don't think that they would like snow or anything that cold. Just my opinion.

6. jtswife

jtswife "First Molt, A Success"

Snow, I wouldn't do that, there is alot of different things you can give them. Cold, I think that would be a shocker to them.:eek:

7. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

I wouldnt do it because now adays no matter were you live there is some form of pollution in the air so i wouldnt say it was safe, besides the fact the there used to warm tropics not cold snow it could shock them and you could lose a hermie.

8. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

yeah, lots of bad stuff in the air... I live with two chain smokers, and I have an "air purifier" in the spare bedroom where my hermies live, and I keep it on for them, and I don't allow smoking in the room with them... I be protective of my babies! lol... I wouldn't give them anything that came outside, especially if I don't even let them breathe the same air I do inside half the time, lol.

9. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Thanks for backing me up on this one Miyoko!

10. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

I guess at this point, there will be no sno-cones made ... unless we lived in the north pole! The weather is finally heating up and my softball season is getting under way! Sorry, the sun must be getting to me! LOL ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.