1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small, Quiet Humidifier

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by kuplakrabs, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Okay, so I have a Tropicaire. Even though I have no humidity troubles, I like the fact that fresh air is circulating in my tank. Well, I will tell you that the air stone inside my unit vibrates so badly that it is very loud! Coupled with the air pump running it drives me batty sometimes LOL.

I found this item on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71240&item=4355544376&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    It is a personal humidifier that is no bigger than your average coffee mug. I got it yesterday and it is the coolest little thing! It produces an ultra fine mist that looks like "fog" rolling around in the tank. It is completely quiet! Since it is small, it does not hold much water, but runs for about 3 straight hours before you need to refill it. I think putting it on a timer may be the way to go. I wouldn't want to run it constantly anyway.

I have kept the air pump with hoses placed strategically to move the fresh air around and help distribute the mist. It keeps the top layer of the EE from having that dried out look.

This little humidifier might be an option for those of you struggling with humidity-instead of constantly hand misting your tank. Plus it takes up so little space, it could easily be used in a 10g tank. It is easy to camouflage with aquarium plants so it doesn't look so out of place in the tank. You could invest in a timer or just plug and unplug it maybe twice a day for an hour or so. Just a thought...[​IMG]

2. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

that looks like a really neat ligttle gadget.
    Everytime you ifll it, do you have to tkae the whole thing out of the tank??
    What powers it?

3. kuplakrabs

Yes, you have to take it out of the tank. You unscrew the top and fill the reservoir. It is powered by electricity and the cord is plenty long enough to allow you to position it wherever you'd like in the tank. The AC adapter unplugs at the unit itself, so you don't have to keep repositioning the cord or drag it with you when you refill.

With a little ingenuity, you can easily hide it with some sort of decoration that can quickly be removed/replaced.

4. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

That does look very smart. I think I will get one. I would run it every couple days in the tank, keep them happy. Thanks for sharing. Keep us updated on how yours is working out.

I also have a tropic Aire, I love it! I think everyone should have fresh air circulating through there tanks and the tropic aire is one of the few ways to do this and still keep the humidity in.

CAPPA

5. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

Looks neat Wendy. I may just order one myself...

6. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

How is this working out for you Wendy?

Cappa

7. kuplakrabs

Cappa,
    I adore it! It is fantastic for cleaning day or when I decide to rearrange the tank. I let it run while the tops are off and the crabs seem to like the ultra fine mist it produces. Some of them sit right underneath it and stay long enough that I can see their shells getting wet. Since my humidity levels have been steady, I like to use it just to give them a nice refreshing mist once in a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.