1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Size of hermits

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by momof2hermi_bashfull, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

I have 6 pp's now Hermie, Bashfull, Crabby and Speedy are about the size of maybe a quarter (including their shell, not in regard to their BP).

Rainbow is about a size of a nickle

and Itty Bitty is smaller than a dime, these are all aprroximates as I haven't actually physically measure or compared them next to the coins; but judging by eye is what they compare to.

How can I tell if they are micro? small or medium crabs.

Also how can I judge or buy shells that will fit these guys. As I have ordered shells since the beginning of crabbing and I seem to have a hard time in finding the right match or shell size in comparison to the crabs. Now, because of all my miss purchases, I have quite an assortment, so these guys are covered in regards to changing shells, but I am trying to figure an easier or more pratical if not a weeee cheaper in getting the appropiate shells, without spending a ton of $$ on shells that are either way to BIG!!!!, or way to SMALL!!!!. LMAO

Incidently Speedy got his name as he was acting he was off on a race when I purchased him, and put him to ISO, definately off and running. (hoping he will change shells soon as he is in a pitiful painted shell that is painted sky blue with a zebra on it.)

Rainbow got his name, because of the painted shell he is in was painted in a pattern of a rainbow. (again hoping he will change too).

Itty Bitty got his name because she is soooooo TINY and soooooo cute. (also waiting and wanting him to change shells so I can part with his purchased painted shell that he was wearing when I got him and UGLY orange shell.) Obviously I am not a fan of the painted shell thing.

Will get pics soon right now they are in my 10 gal isolation tat with a mixture of shells to change, both salt and fresh water, a shell of honey , some of Vicky's food and a combination platter of assorted fruits.

Teddi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.