1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Rugosus seeking Rugosus friends -- NorCal area

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by Aminah Undone, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aminah Undone

Aminah Undone Hi, I'm New Here!

Yesterday, one of my two remaining Rugosus passed away, unexpectedly. The survivor is already showing signs of stress from being alone and s/he does not seem to appreciate the Es' attempts to include her/him in their crabby fun n' games. (I put 2 Es in the habitat, to try and reduce the loneliness, temporarily.)

If you, or anyone you know, may have a Rugosus or two available, we would be very appreciative. Please include cost and any necessary shipping to 94603, when responding with leads. I'm also combing the local wholesalers and pet shops, etc.

Thank you!

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:sad5: I'm so sorry your crabbie passed away Aminah Undone. :hug2:

3. Aminah Undone

Thank you, Jellybean. I am, too. It's a little unsettling to see my lone little one wandering around the enclosure, possibly looking for the departed one. :(

I made a huge buffet for her/him, this morning. That seems to be a good distraction for now.

4. Mckenny

Yes, I know what you mean. It hasn't been very often, but when I do lose one I rack my brain as to what could have happened. When I first started out it was so devastating to lose one and I felt like I was the worst "crabby mommy" ever. But when taken into account what the poor things have to go through just to make it to the selling places, it's a wonder any of them survive. The only thing we can do is to rescue some and give them a better and happier life until it's time for them to go.

They travel in "packs" of a hundred or more in the wild, so getting another one (or two, or...) :chuckle: would be good for the little one that is left. Where I live there isn't much to choose from until summer arrives, and then they're mostly PP's. But---I guess I don't NEED any more---especially since I have 19!! :whaaaat:

Sigh.......they are such addictive little creatures! :flower:

5. Aminah Undone

If I could find a LOT more Rugs, I would dedicate my 90g viv to them. As it is, I have ..well, had ...them in a 2'x2' Exo. I really like the front opening doors, in addition to the removable screen top.

One more reason to look forward to Summer! :)

6. Mckenny

:drooltongue: 90 Gallon! Wowsers...I have a 75 gallon and looked into getting a 90 gallon that someone was selling. But---in order to put it in my family room I would have to get rid of the furniture------hmmmm...... :think:---Nah :no:--- I decided I liked sitting too much!! :biglaugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.